-electronic fence
-hunt or field (not the same)
-service dog
-guide dog

Researcher

Animal Control Officer

Fund Raiser for Rescue groups, big shelters

fund raiser for H$US, etc. but that rarely involves dogs

Rescue is not a career for profit, or it usually isn't with above exceptions.

Search and Rescuer, more of an avocation most times

Military or police k-9 handler

Customs officer

Re: Careers involving dogs

Pooper scooper
No, I'm not being a smart alec- there are actually people you can hire to pick up dog poop from your yard.

Don't forget pet-sitter...that's quite lucrative in bigger cities.

Charlotte K.
Trainer:
-private
-electronic fence
-hunt or field (not the same)
-service dog
-guide dog

Researcher

Animal Control Officer

Fund Raiser for Rescue groups, big shelters

fund raiser for H$US, etc. but that rarely involves dogs

Rescue is not a career for profit, or it usually isn't with above exceptions.

Search and Rescuer, more of an avocation most times

Military or police k-9 handler

Customs officer

Charlotte, you presented some professions alot of us wouldn't have thought of. I'm sure there are more but you opened some different doors . It's refreshing to see some thought given to a question. Good job.

Em

Also a dog-walker. You probably also meant dog-walker when you said dog-sitter.

There are people in the big cities that earn well over $2000 to $3000 a week walking multiple dogs at a time several times daily.

Pet boutique

Dog-walker
Em

There are people in the big cities that earn well over $2000 to $3000 a week walking multiple dogs at a time several times daily.

I can move!!!! $2000 - $3000 a week! I love to walk.

What about working for AKC(where are they located?) or one of the dog show superintendents?
Those of you who work for a Vet, do you have pharmacy sales reps come by? Or other sales people??
What about representing dog food company? Where are those jobs?

What City?
Dog-walker
Em

I can move!!!! $2000 - $3000 a week! I love to walk.

Any of the best areas of most big cities or upscale, congested areas where people have bucks. They work, their dog needs to go out and they'll pay to have that worry left home.

Ever see the pictures of the dog walkers in New York City with at least 7 or 8 dogs on lead at a time?

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/16759701

Duck Buster!

Seriously, a friend of mine is getting paid to take her Labs out on the golf courses at local country clubs to chase the ducks and geese off the course in the early morning before the golfers arrive. She gets in training time and the dogs get in swimming time. How good is that for a job!

Cindy, funny you should say that ... I work chasing Geese part time and Gulls off the beach in the summer. Usually with Border Collies but got to use my Lab last summer! They are now using them to detect bed bugs!

Occupation therapist or physical therapist that incorporate animal assisted therapy into their treatments. Also recreational therapist that utilizes animal assisted activities... nurses and psychologists off the top of my head also can utilize dogs in their practice

dog masseuse?!

Christina T
Occupation therapist or physical therapist that incorporate animal assisted therapy into their treatments. Also recreational therapist that utilizes animal assisted activities... nurses and psychologists off the top of my head also can utilize dogs in their practice

Thank you Christina for recognizing those of us who volunteer with our pet partners. My chocolate therapy dog and I visit elders and R.E.A.D. with grade school children who are below grade level in reading. Very rewarding!!!