Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stolen labradors

Please share this with anyone who might be able to help. I received it from a friend today and have no reason to believe that it's not true.

-----Original Message-----
> From: CanyonShadowLabs@aol.com [mailto:CanyonShadowLabs@aol.com]
> Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 10:30 PM
> To: larkspurlabs@cox.net
> Subject: Stolen dogs
>
>
>
> Lugger Labradors
> Via: Vicky Piscitelli 2000$$ REWARD !!!!HELP!!!! ANYONE coming home from
> the Montreal flyball tourney, Claire Gordon's truck was stolen out of
> the Jack Astor's parking lot, ALL THE DOGS are in the truck. License #
> 501 ONE Ontario plates, black Chevy Silverado, 2004 model diesel. Call 1
> (613) 720-9047, if you see the truck! Please CROSS POST4 hours ago
>

Re: stolen labradors

I had received a e-mail stating they found the dogs at a Monteral shelter. Not sure if it is true. Hopefully they have found the dogs.

I understand that the local ASPCA found the dogs tied up in a park. The dogs are OK but the car and everything in it is gone. This is so very frightening!

Re: stolen Labradors

I also received an email from a Canadian OB/Rally judge stating that the dogs were taken to a shelter after being tied up at a dog park.

The forward stated,
"posted on Feb 22, 2010 at 12:04 am by Liz
There's good news! All the dogs have been found and are in good condition. The thieves took everything but left the dogs tied up at a dog park where they were found by the SPCA.

Thank you again for your help."
I do not know if she has first hand knowledge.

Very scary scenario indeed especially since most show handlers who spend their nights in motels instead of having motor homes set up at a show site leave their client dogs in their trucks/vans/etc. in the motel parking lot at night. Very easy for someone to steal the entire van full of dogs right out of the parking lot during the night.

I wonder if the SPCA required the dogs be spayed/neutered before releasing them to the owner? That's what could happen here in CA if your dog is picked up in an area with a MSN law in place.

It is true - dogs and truck were stolen while owners were at dinner at a restaurant just outside of Montreal .. dogs have been found and returned to their owners. Scary indeed..

Re: stolen dogs not labradors

Most of the info is true, except they were not labradors. They were 2 border collies, a cattle dog and a jack russel. We have no spay/neuter law here, though my guess, they probably already are. They are flyball dogs, pets, not breeders.
The SPCA already had pics of the dogs so when they got the call that someone had found these four dogs tied outside a park, they were able to confirm it was them and notified the owners right away.
You can see the story on ctv.ca

Very lucky as others were not, like in the case of Balto in Spain!

I wonder how they stole the van? Were the keys left in it? Did you know that many times there is a fine if you leave your car with the keys in it and it is stolen? Here that fine is $500.

The Dogs have been recovered. I don't think the Truck(Chevy Silverado-Diesel) has been.

It was taken from a Parking Lot in Montreal while the Owner was inside a Restauant having Dinner. They had been to a Flyball Tournament in the area, were on their way home to Ontario but stopped to eat. From what I have read there were no Labs involved, I think it was 2 Border Collies, a Jack Russel, and a Cow Dog.

FYI:

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/top-picks/dog-tale/#clip269039

There is a 15 second advert before the happy ending story.

At least the dogs are safe. A truck can be replaced.