Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bedding for crates?

I know enough not to put regular "beds" into crates, but my dogs like to chew, and towels or any bedding with any stuffing at all gets torn apart. Any suggestions for bedding that might last?

TIA :-)

Re: bedding for crates?

Nothing? That's what I use for most of my dogs. If the crates are on a concrete floor, I will put them on top of the solid pink insulation. If you're using wire crates you can get a Kuranda bed to fit in it that a dog has a very hard time destroying.

You can also you the mats they use for horse stalls. Either under the cage to keep off floor or in the cage. I have yet to have one chew on them. They are very heavy rubber. You can get them at Tractor Supply.

One of my girls chewed a stall mat. Of course I really think she is part billy goat!! She has nothing in her crate or kennel now.

we buy crate pads from a vendor at shows in our area. That would be MO AR, OK, KS, TX. He makes them, they are quilted and wash really well, comes in all kinds of patterns and colors. The weird thing is none of them have torn them up, I don't know why. I doubt it has any thing to do with what is in there, they just think they are part of the crate I guess. If the dogs get hot they just push them up in a corner. I am glad they don't want to eat them, never have.

I buy crate pads from champagne tables.....they come in a variety of colors and sizes.....they wash and hold up nicely. Once in a while one of the puppies will chew a corner....but that doesn't bother me.