Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ingen

Anyone getting results in the last week on their tests?

Re: Ingen

If you go to their Facebook, you'll see what other people think. At this point, I don't think there is hope.

Breeder
Anyone getting results in the last week on their tests?

I believe the expression is "You get what you pay for". I refused to use Ingen from the beginning and I think I was right about that.

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?id=1415297814#!/pages/Freeport/International-Genetics-Inc/177260322563

I know that many breeders on Facebook have gotten together and filed US mail fraud charges against Rick. They also are signing a letter to send to the papers in his area. Not all joined but quite a few did. Im pleased that i never fell victim to this company unlike my best friend who is out of testing money for ten of her goldens.

I received test results a few weeks ago. Then unsolicited,I got 3 free tests and an apology letter for the time delay. I 've sent those in and we'll see how long it takes for results.
I am pleased !!

You're "pleased" because you got something for free? I'd rather have accurate results than free results. JMHO

I have to admit, their customer service and product performance SUCKS, but I have never heard of their results being inaccurate

I tested my male a year and a half ago. Got results in less than three weeks. Due to the situation going on with Ingen and lawsuits, decided to have Optigen and EIC testing done elsewhere. DDc for EIC and Optigen for PRA. Results the same, so.......

Well, I hate to say that I have gotten different results. I did a DDC EIC test and then did a PRA test with Ingen. They included the EIC test and to my surprise said my dog was EIC clear when DDC said he was a carrier. Ingen was going to send me a new EIC kit and re-do the test for free. However, it's been 3 weeks at least and still no new test in the mail.

I was going to give them a chance and see what the results were. However, since they have not held up their end of the agreement, then I believe I'm justified in posting this. Will re-do my PRA test with Optigen - hopefully my pup is still a clear.

I've known 2 people who've gotten different results from Optigen than they got from Ingen. Happened in the last year so I would assume it has to do with their contamination issues.

There was a post a couple weeks ago where someone using their name said they got wrong results from Ingen. Go back to other threads about Ingen and you'll find it.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/animal-abuse/international-geneti/international-genetics-inc-i-3e4d9.htm