Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Red stains on yellow

What product is safe and will remove red lick stains from a yellow? I know that removing the stain will not remove the problem and I am working on solving the licking but what can I use to make the red hair yellow again?

Re: Red stains on yellow

You are not going to believe this but years ago I had a yellow bitch that would droul(SP) on her front legs that my vet told me about tomato paste. I didn't believe him at first but it worked.. I would put two tablespoons in her food twice daily for a couple of weeks and the spots went away. Go Figure.

Use Tums... it reduces the acidity... we give the yellows 1 with each meal....

If you want to remove it for a show then use equal parts of corn starch, peroxide and Malox. Put on with tooth brush. The stuff is amazing with a few treatments. DO NOT USE AROUND EYES! I have used tums and it really does not work that much, they all
have acid in their saliva, they have to have some.

If showing
If you want to remove it for a show then use equal parts of corn starch, peroxide and Malox. Put on with tooth brush. The stuff is amazing with a few treatments. DO NOT USE AROUND EYES! I have used tums and it really does not work that much, they all

Do you mean hydrogen peroxide, or the kind people use to become a bleach blond? After you put it on, do you wash it out? If so, how long do you leave it on? Also, is it the liquid malox?

yellow
If showing

Do you mean hydrogen peroxide, or the kind people use to become a bleach blond? After you put it on, do you wash it out? If so, how long do you leave it on? Also, is it the liquid malox?

Yes, hydrogen peroxide and liquid malox. Leave on and use a few times a day, you will be amazed! Will
also work on the ugly elbow brown that some Labs get.