Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone Else having issues with Premate

I used an inhouse progesterone test a few years ago and had some issues. Then had issues using serum seperater tubes at a hospital lab. Started using premate and have for the last few years had SUPER sucess, 10, 11, 12, 14 pup litters. So timing was right on.
Got a new box of premate this fall and have missed or had really small litters on all of them. Had naturals and AI's both and doesn't seem to matter.
Had one premate on a experience girl say she wasn't ovulated and got two breedings. If I didn't previously have faith in the premate, everything (her actions, studs actions, bleeding, stop of bleeding after breeding, ect) all would have led me to believe she is pg. (to early to know on her but the others all missed so that's why she was bred).
A friend out of state has missed since last fall with the same batch number.
Are we the only ones having issues with it.
We noted that the new boxes came with a note about new wells. Not sure I like the new wells.

Re: Anyone Else having issues with Premate

YES!! I used Premate (2 boxes) last year and got totally incorrect results - thank goodness I also used prog. testing which disagreed with my Premate tests. I went by the Prog and had 2 big litters!!

Re: Anyone Else having issues with Premate

Did you contact them to let them know there is a problem? What are the lot numbers just in case some of us have the same batch?