Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Malaseb shampoo replacement needed please

I had bought the largest Malaseb container almost a year back for my now neutered, Lab boys with allergic propensity. I went to reorder it and they don't carry it anymore. It seems no suppliers have it in stock. Do you know why it isn't available?

Can someone recommend what I can use with the same ingredients and where the best prices are? I tried to utilize the search bar to see if it was discussed previously. but it got stuck.

Thank you in advance for recommendations of product and where to purcahse it.

Re: Malaseb shampoo replacement needed please

Maleseb has been discontinued unfortunately. My Veterinary Dermatologist is now using Mal-A-Ket shampoo and wipes. The shampoo is Acetic Acid 2%, Ketoconazole 1%, & Chlorhexidene Gluconate 2%. When my dog's Maleseb products run out this is what I'll be using on him. Best of luck.

Over the years I have used two Horse products that you might consider. I have used the MicroTek Eqyss Medicated Shampoo and Spray with much success for a full array of skin problems including hot spots. I have also used Absorbine Medicated Shampoo and Spray. Both of these are readily available at most Tack Stores or on-line.

Thank you for your assistance ladies.

I have heard Nizoral shampoo recommended - Ketoconazole 1% but that may not be enough depending on the issue.

You can get it at CVS.

Melody you and I are always on the same wavelength!
I am an inside sales rep for a veterinary distributor now, and have had to find replacements for a lot of the TEVA/DVM/IVX products that were shut down by the FDA (due to long-standing non-compliance with labelling issues, not because the products were bad). We have found that the DermaPet people (great line of innovative products, family-owned company, head of family is a veterinarian)have some great alternatives, like the Mal-a-Ket Melody mentioned. The dermatologist I used to work with almost cried when her beloved T8 Keto flush was gone, DermaPet has an alternative to that and many other products!