Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sweetwater's Luna Fiona

Fiona is gone, she got her angel wings today. My vet friend Mary came to the house and euthanized her this afternoon She was disconnected from the world for the last few days, sick with possible hemangiosarcoma, with her spleen, liver and gall bladder afftected. She went quickly and peaceably, with her friends around her and me at her head telling her she was always my baby.
Why was Fiona so special? Did she produce 30 champions, win a specialty, excell at obedience or field?
Fiona's value to the world was her personality: ALWAYS happy, always the clown, showing great emotion and caring when the situation called for it, always loving people and showing off every minute of the day, and making total strangers laugh and respond to her.
With that personality came a great responsiblity: to make sure she never had a negative experience with people, and I was happy to have that job! We carried out our lives happily, very connected, for over 11 years. We went through a lot together, Fiona and I, and I feel blessed to have had her with me for all that time.
Fiona did produce many kids, grandkids and great-grandkids who DID win at specialties, who do excell at what they do, and have her unquenchable sociability and zest for life and love. So far, one grandaughter is being trained as a therapy dog, two are specialty winners, and her great-grandaughter, Bubbles, is exactly like Fiona, parading around with a leash in her mouth, showing off and exuding love for everyone at 4 months old!
Fiona will continue to live on for me and the people that knew her and loved her, through her kids, and through our special memories of her.
Rest in peace, Fiona, you did a really good job for the 11 years I had the privilege of knowing you!

Re: Sweetwater's Luna Fiona

That's a beautiful tribute. My heart goes out to you. What a blessing to have had Fiona in your life.

Yes, that was a wonderful tribute to her.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Donna

I am sorry for your loss, the memories you have will be your comfort and you will be surrounded by her legacy forever.

At the Bridge, her liver, gallbladder and spleen are all light as feathers and healthy, just like her.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like you were both very lucky to have each other. My condolences.

My deepest concolences Robin over the loss of your Fiona. Sometimes the Labs that touch our hearts the most are those without the CH in front of their names, its as if they were meant to capture our hearts for other reasons.

May she have been met by all ours that are waiting to be united with us again. They are all free of pain and running free. Godspeed Fiona.

Good bye sweet Fiona. The world is a brighter place for you having been in it.

I'm so sorry for your incredible loss Robin. Although your heart is heavy over Fiona's passing you should be proud of the wonderful life you gave her. Anyone who reads this wonderful tribute to your special girl will know how much joy you shared through out her life. Godspeed little Fi.

SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS!!

Robin I am sorry for your loss. Remembering your story in the LQ about how your Fiona got bit by a rattle snake, protecting her dog family. The incredible effort you, the vets and Fiona went through for her to survive that rattle snake bite will always be one of the special stories stuck in my mind and heart.

God bless you and your special girl, Fiona .

I am so sorry for your loss, Robin.
Alex

Robin--all of our household share your loss. Our Molly, Fiona's daughter, also always so very "up" and wiggling in your face with a toy in her mouth, will cheer you when you need energy. As will Bubbles.
It was a pleasure to know her.

Thanks all for your kind words for me and farewells for Fiona. She was always special, and always my girl, from birth to death. We were rarely apart for 11 years. (In fact, those people who took care of her when I was away are probably still regretting it!) She couldn't stand to be treated like a regular dog...and never was!
I am slowly allowing myself to remember those great memories of her. It's almost easier to bear her loss by not feeling, but the reality is, it's boring and lonely around here without her!
She will be missed by many, many people, including me!

So sorry for your loss. She obviously was a very special girl.

Run pain free at the Bridge sweet Fiona.