Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early Signs

I'm curious what you all consider early signs that your girls are pregnant?

We're about 10 days post implant, my girl has been a bit clingy and cuddly, wants to eat constantly, has been caught counter surfing, and had an upset tummy during the night.

I haven't seen a mucus discharge but that could be easily missed.

I might not necessarily take the clinging and appetite issues to seriously. She could be missing her son who's been sent to the "Bachelors Club" for field training while she's "indisposed" and she's not typically a counter surfer but has always been a chow hound. I thought last nights upset tummy might be a clue.

What kind of behaviors do you all take as indicators?

Re: Early Signs

Some signs are lethargy, increased or decreased appetite, morning sickness, mammory develpment. Don't go by mucus as our girl had some discharge post breeding (20 days) and wasn't pregnant. Yes, the do get clingy and are under foot, but aren't most Labradors that way? I know mine are.

Best of luck with your girl!

I find it so frustrating in that period! And all the signs of pregnancy are also the same as for false pregnancy!!! Good luck!

The hormonal changes of a pregnant bitch and a non pregnant bitch are the same. The only difference is relaxin (hence the test), and it is no significant until 30 days after ovulation.
In other words, the bitch "thinks" she is pregnant even if she is not.
I do notice my girls get morning sick between week 3-4.

Patience, Robin, patience.

Mike

Sorry, Patience has never been my middle name!!

My girl is at day 28 post breeding with AI and last Friday we got it confirmed by ultrasound that there are some puppies in mom´s oven. But until that day... oh boy!! One day I thought that I might have seen some signs but the next day I was totally sure that there where no puppies on the way!
She is 4 weeks post breeding with AI today and there are no definite signs that she is pregnant. If I hadn´t take her to do ultrasound I would not be sure today. The only thing I can notice is that she won´t play as rough as she used to with the other dogs. She is ALWAYS hungry but she is like that all day so... also that some days she seems to sleep more than usual.
Don´t we just want to know the day after they are bred!!
Good Luck with your girl