Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video Editing Software

I'm looking for some suggestions on the best video editing software that I can use for my dog videos. I'm not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to computer software, so am looking for a program that is very user friendly. I just want to be able to edit and add music to my videos. I am a PC, and not a Mac user Thank you!

Re: Video Editing Software

Have you checked if you have one that came with your computer. Most would bring one or two movie makers.

Yes, there was a very basic program that came with the camera, but it does very little to enhance the videos.

We've used Pinnacle & Corel - both are good but be prepared to read/do tutorials a lot to become familiar with the software & to get the most out of it. Good luck!

If you are using a Mac, try IMovie.

I would also ping Becky Jack as well, she makes up some nice videos for her site.

Have fun!

Adobe Premiere Elements is pretty easy to use and reasonably priced.

What type of video are you going to edit..HD...SD...analog...digital AVCHD...AVCHDlite?

you will need the correct program to match the video format and a PC powerful enough to do the editing.

I bet Roxio has a reasonably priced, easier to use program for what you need. Go to their homepage and take a look. http://www.roxio.com

I've had 2 or 3 Roxio programs and was always happy with them.

If you find a Roxio item, shop the internet for a better price than their official site would have at full retail. You should be able to save 20% to 40% unless Roxio is running a special themselves. Happy shopping.

I'm editing High Definition movies, AVCHD. I have a new computer that has more than enough power to handle anything I want to use.

Mary
I'm editing High Definition movies, AVCHD. I have a new computer that has more than enough power to handle anything I want to use.

I also am editing AVCHD, and as I said have been happy with Premiere Elements.

Thanks Sean, I actually bought that software and my husband told me to return it because of all the negative reviews. I told him that every software package out there has negative reviews, and the kid that sold it to me said he has used it for years and has had great success. I think I will give it a try. Thanks to everyone who commented, and for all your suggestions.

As long as you can follow the instructions you should be OK with either Adobe or Corel. If you don't have a photo editing program you can get more bang for your bucks if you get the bundled packages with video and photo editing. JMO

I went to Best Buy and purchased just the Adobe Premiere 8 video software for $99.00. They wanted $149.00 for the bundle that included the photo editing software. My husband went on line to Amazon.com and found the bundle for $111.72 with a $30.00 rebate which ended up $81.72 for both! So, needless to say, this is going back to Best Buy, and I will order from Amazon. I love bargains!