Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cancelled room

Because our room at the hose was cancelled without our knowledge, we are now in the market for a new hotel for Potomac.
We would like some suggestions of other places that are decent, and allow dogs in the room, preferably without having to sign over my first born as a security for permission to do so
Would like to stay in the $100 or less range and don't mind driving 2-3 nmiles.
TIA!!

Re: cancelled room

Try the Mainstay Suites - there are many dog show people staying there.

Mainstay all the way!

Another vote for Main Stay Suites. It is so worth the drive ;) Plus, there's a nice large field next to the hotel, perfect for ex-ing dogs.

After being displaced from the host hotel last year, we decided to give it a try. We wished we would have known about it in years prior and decided that the exorbitant price of the host hotel was hardly worth it in comparison to all the nice features at a hotel half the price just a short ways down the road--a fridge & microwave, field for walking dogs, and at the sister hotel right next door, Comfort Inn, fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies every evening--YUM!

It really is only a quick jaunt up the road from the Main Stay/Comfort Inn to the specialty. We park in the mall lot and walk up the hill.

It looks like there are no doubles at the Mainstay left.
Anybody have an experience at the Travelodge or the Extended Stay?

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn across the interstate from the show grounds. Very nice and dog friendly. Great free breakfast too.
Kathy

I am staying at the Comfort Inn where I have stayed for the last 3 years which is next door to Mainstay Suites. They also serve a continental breakfast and allow dogs.

Try Priceline for the hotels mentioned. Last minute, you might get them at half the regular prices you'll be quoted.

One breeder did very well a couple of years ago going that route.

Remember to add your taxes in after your bid. Their regular prices won't be better, bid it down about 40% or more. It's worth a try to save some money.