Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
liners for under cages in SUV

A long time ago there was a thread on here about cargo liners to go under cages to avoid damange to carpets in SUV. What in the Lab World is the best. I am looking for something that is going to repel water since this is the first time traveling to the Big Potomac and I have puppies that like to play in thier water buckets. TIA

Re: liners for under cages in SUV

http://www.sportomotoring.com/Results.html?ListID=305652961635895&ModelID=306388712511494&BrandID=22

There are a few on this site if you scroll down.

Try Weathertech.com. They custom make cargo area mats. They custom made my cargo mat to fit my MBZ wagon cargo area. The sides of the vinyl carpet mat are molded to contain any spills. I travel with 1 dog/1 crate and I have to fold down the passenger seat in order to fit the crate. This left some carpet unprotected (weather tech doesn't make a large mat to fit my car's "folded down passenger seat" configuration)so I bought a roll of plastic carpet runner from Lowe's <$6.00 to cover the unprotected carpet. I hope this helps.

weather tech for sure!

I have a Caravan and bought mats at Home Depot that look like the mats that one would see upon entering a business. Carpeted on the top (heavy with ribs) and a thick vinyl backing. They measure about 3' x 5'. I take them out when they get hairy and just vacuum with my Dyson. Also, they are inexpensive enough that they could be tossed and replaced.

Johanne

I have a mini-van and bought liners from Orvis. They are like a canvas tarp and water proof. Also very easy to clean.
Julia

I think we got ours from mats.com It curves up on the sides to catch the water or whatever else is oozing out of the crate :)

Depending on the type of SUV you have, you can go to Cabelas and find the correspoding truck model (if you have a suburban, find the 1500 truck wtih the long bed like the Sub) Anyway, purchase the inexpensive bed liner and it fits beautifully. We've found these to be a better option, as most cargo liners don't take into account putting all of the seats down.

Try weathertech.com - great options for many vehicles, with or without seats.