Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sun Shades for mini van windows needed

I am looking for sun shades to put onto my mini van side and back windows to use while traveling.
I have seen them on some cars but they were factory installed.
I have the sun tarps that I use when at a show but I need something while on the road.
There have been times while traveling that the sun was on my guys crates and I really want to protect them better.
Any leads?

Re: Sun Shades for mini van windows needed

How about shade cloth? You can buy it in different colors (tan, black, green) by the foot/yard at Lowe's in the garden section and lay this over the dog crates. I made one to fit snugly over my boy's crate. I take it off/on depending on the sunny conditions. Plus an added bonus, you can use the shade cloth on their crates x-pens at shows.

WalMart has the ones that stick on the windows with suction cups and pull down. We bought some years ago for the Windstar. I've seen longer ones in the back windows of cars, too, but have no idea where to get them. Also, there is something similar that sticks to the window like those decrotive window clings.

Google Royal cabana I think there right up you alley

I use the sunshades that are for putting in the windshield. I get them at Wal-Mart and use them in my back windows. They fold up into a circle when not in use. When I had my full-size van they fit perfectly. They come 2 to a package and I bought the XL size I believe.