Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Potomac Tuesday Schedule ?

As entries close today can someone from the LRCP club
please post the Tuesday schedule? Thanks!

The club does not make the schedule, MB-F does, and they don't do that until all the entries are in and processed and they know exactly how many will be in each class. You will have to wait until MB-F posts it, probably next week. Typically the open bitch classes are on Friday, but there are no set days except for veterans and BOB.

I was told the puppy bitch classes (I think sweeps) are the first classes on Tuesday.

Thanks for your response. You will probably find this interesting but clubs can and do arrange their own judging schedule. They do this to minamize class conflicts as they know best how to keep the rings moving
If your Lab club does not do this and you consistantly experience class delays ie between reg and sweeps, then take the initiative and figure out how best to arrange the judging schedule and tell your superintendent of the changes you would like to put into effect. It is your show :)

I understand Jackie Mischou made up the schedule either last year or the year before. She did an INCREDIBLE job!!!!!!!! Conflicts were at a minimum and she deserves a HUGE amount of credit.

Wrong! Several of us had quite a few conflicts.

Of course we have to complain about something. Its not a perfect world. Our clubs do as much as they can to accommodate everyone. If you feel that you can do better or make some sort of difference, join the club and help (..instead of complaining about them) Or plan your show day better. If you know you will have conflicts, have a spare person handy to cover your dogs. Plan right, and we will all have a great time.

Not
Wrong! Several of us had quite a few conflicts.

Oh brother! Over a thousand dogs & poor little you and SEVERAL others would be the ones to have problems.

Open Dogs and Open bitches on at the same time on Friday morning? You think that is a GOOD schedule? You obviously don't have more than one entry.

And what is it that's stopping you from making a better schedule? Oh. I know. You are only good at bitching.

I think you've got me beat there!

This is so ridiculous. The only classes the club is obligated to not have running at the same time are the puppy regular and sweep classes, and the veteran regular and sweep classes, and perhaps the dog and bitch bred by classes. There is no way they can fit the schedule to fit someone who has a 9-12 pup, and am bred and an open (or whatever). We are all responsible to fit into their schedule, not them custom fit to each of us. Can't be done. So, kwitcherbitchin, and have a great time.

You can please some of the people ALL the time!
You can please ALL the people some of the time!
BUT you can't please ALL the people ALL the time!

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!

You Nastoids are really something. I've been coming to this show and working to support this show since way before my hair was gray, and it was at the Golf Course. I speak my opinion one time and you vultures are waiting in the shadows ready to pounce with a vengance. I am in awe of the open dogs and I am usually shopping for boys. If I bring an open girl, I have missed my chance to see the open boys because they are on together. I wait all year and for this and then I miss it because of the program. What in the H*ll are you people smoking? Whats wrong with me venting? Isn't this a place to vent? I now have an open boy and open girl to show. I will not hand them off to a stranger. I trained them to show for me, and I know when they are looking their best. Guess I lose again! I will miss a class most likely and not see the other open dogs. The schedule was better before Moss Bow was involved.
So what if I voice my opinon! I think I've earned it.

Bet some have enough dogs they could have one in every class. But the world will not stop for you. Get a grip, make arrangements. Bet when it is all said and done you will have time to meet the dogs you want to take a look at. We'll be there all week.
Am just sorry it looks like some of the complainers will be there.

I have had conflicts taking ONE dog! But that's just me. LOL