Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Labrador Club of Scotland tartan/ LRCP 2010 International Night

On 23 April 2009 I became the first person to ever take the oath to Crown and Country in Welsh thereby becoming a duel citizen of the United States of America, Great Britain and Wales.

I have now had the privilege of being received as a member of The Labrador Retriever Club of Scotland Clan which makes me an honorary Scot.

I have designed a logo for the club’s use featuring Cariad (which means Love in Welsh), my internationally trademarked Labrador Head in a Heart, on a background of the beautiful club tartan. (see it www.weathertopcollection.co.uk/balrion.com). The logo is featured on their private label whiskey…Whiskey is also the call name of our young black dog Balrion Weathertop John Barleycorn.

Becoming part of a Scottish Clan means wearing their tartan... and wearing a proper Scottish kilt in your clan's tartan is the ultimate honour.

I wore my LRC Scotland tartan kilt for the first time at the LRC Scotland 2010 Championship Show, and will proudly wear it for the first time stateside at Potomac 2010. The kilt is 100% Scottish wool. I normally can’t wear wool ( Scottish cashmere is my thing) so was delighted to find that even wearing my kilt in the traditional Scottish way (Google it:-) it wasn’t scratchy at all.

The Labrador Club of Scotland commissioned its own Tartan in 2004. The committee chose colours that represent the three colours of the breed and others representing the greens of the Scottish landscape, the thistle and the bonnie purple heather. It was designed by Maurice and Gina and is made in pure wool at the Forest Mill in Selkirk where fine fabrics have been woven since 1838. Garments are all made in Scotland.The Duke of Buccleuch has been the Club's Patron since 1952 and has a fine line in working Labradors.

I'll see you at Potomac along with The Labrador Club of Scotland committee. Look for the Weathertop Collection tent. We're the ones flying the Scottish, Welsh and English flags and of course Old Glory.

I think it would be lovely if other members of the Labrador community wore their country's national dress for LRCP 2010 International Night.

Saudjie

Re: The Labrador Club of Scotland tartan/ LRCP 2010 International Night

Tradition has it that a "true Scotsman" should wear nothing under his kilt.

Ewwwwwww!!!!!! Please wear your underpants at the Potomac. The LRCP needs to put this in their By-Laws!

Re: The Labrador Club of Scotland tartan/ LRCP 2010 International Night

Commando!
Tradition has it that a "true Scotsman" should wear nothing under his kilt.

Ewwwwwww!!!!!! Please wear your underpants at the Potomac. The LRCP needs to put this in their By-Laws!

What difference does it make? We have all seen Saudjie in the buff!