Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any products for a fading choco Lab?

Does anyone know a product that will restore the dark rich chocolate color (that was so dark that was almost black) my Lab once had? He is 2 Y/O and is terribly faded. Thanks

Re: Any products for a fading choco Lab?

FadedChocoLab
Does anyone know a product that will restore the dark rich chocolate color (that was so dark that was almost black) my Lab once had? He is 2 Y/O and is terribly faded. Thanks

I know this sounds almost impossible but 6-7 years ago I had the same problem with a chocolate male. A former show handler told me about a new food (at that time) that was really making a difference in the chocolate coats. As skeptic as I am about it I decided to try it. One month later, I had a very deep rich beautiful chocolate coat and sure ate crow LOL

Pro Plan Select Adult Turkey and Barly (Not the salmon) I know some people don't like this food some do. All I know is I witnessed the change in shade and have never had a problem with chocolate shades since then.

Good Luck

When you talk about fading Chocolate, do you mean during coat blowing season ?

When you switched to Pro Plan Turkey and Barley, are you saying that your chocoaltes never turned that funky orange color during and for awhile after blowing coat ?

I know chocoaltes will turn orange if they are in the sun too long.

My chocoalte girl's coat will go through a funky orangish cash in places when she is blowing her coat but her coat comes in fairly fast then the orange goes away. She is normally a dark chocolate.

Joy
When you talk about fading Chocolate, do you mean during coat blowing season ?

When you switched to Pro Plan Turkey and Barley, are you saying that your chocoaltes never turned that funky orange color during and for awhile after blowing coat ?

I know chocoaltes will turn orange if they are in the sun too long.

My chocoalte girl's coat will go through a funky orangish cash in places when she is blowing her coat but her coat comes in fairly fast then the orange goes away. She is normally a dark chocolate.

No, I do not mean during coat blowing. I know exactly what you mean by that "funky orangish" shade. I'm speaking about chocolates that start with a really nice shade and for whatever reason seem to fade. I've also seen a difference in the sun, they just don't bleach out, mine don't anyway, the way they used to prior to this food. I'm sure other people have other ideas, this just happened to work for me and has for numerous years now.

Are you a rep for Pro Plan?

WOW you managed between this anon name and "NOT A BREEDER" name bump half the threads, while all the breeders are at Potomac. Does this make you feel all warm and fuzzy, having this power Please go hug your dog and MYOB

Wow I didn't realize the name "give me a break" wasn't anonymous. LOL Almost everyone on this forum is anonymous because they are all afraid of each other.
This is the only forum I have ever been on that lurks about with their hidden identities and makes snide comments.
I used the name NOT A BREEDER because I am proud not to be one after watching how poorly most on this forum conduct themselves. And I used the name SOUNDS LIKE AN ADVERTISEMENT as a joke because I wrote a nice comment on a product just to let poeple know I found something that works and right away I got a nasty reply telling me it was an advertisement.
You use the name "give me a break" and many others so use your real name or MYOB and go breed your dogs.

Oh I'm sorry if my post upset you. I guess your skin isn't as thick as you may want others to think it is.
The joke is I am probably just as much a dog breeder as most phonies on this forum.
And just because you have 2 dogs humping in your backyard doesn't make you a breeder.

I could not agree more with your statement. So many newbies just rush in and breed whatever they can pick up from the local breeder and they have no idea of what quality really is. They have not even taken the time to train their eye to learn what correct structure is and most are just breeding because they owe puppies back to the breeder or they think they are going to make money. What a total waste of time. When exercising a little patience and learning before jumping in and breeding litters can save in the long run. As you know, breeding is not an overnight process and accomplishments are not gained in a new york minute. Just because you slap on a kennel name and breed a litter or two does not make you a breeder.

breeder
I could not agree more with your statement. So many newbies just rush in and breed whatever they can pick up from the local breeder and they have no idea of what quality really is. They have not even taken the time to train their eye to learn what correct structure is and most are just breeding because they owe puppies back to the breeder or they think they are going to make money. What a total waste of time. When exercising a little patience and learning before jumping in and breeding litters can save in the long run. As you know, breeding is not an overnight process and accomplishments are not gained in a new york minute. Just because you slap on a kennel name and breed a litter or two does not make you a breeder.

There are breeders out there claiming to be doing so for more then 20 years, pumping out litter after litter. They guarantee their pups but when the consumer goes back to them they want the ashes or dog back to give them a new puppy. That's disgusting!

Actually, the newbies are trying to do it right. It's the business peepz that have endless amounts of litters that should be getting their asses nailed to the wall.

But there they are at Potomac hoping for a win b/c they use a pro handler and purchase dogs from other breeders. The majority of their clearances aren't done but they claim they do more than anyone else.

You need to do more research. There are alot of good breeders on here, some just aren't nice on this list or in person. Depends on who you're talkin to and about.

My chocolate labs never faded or turned orange so I can't help in this topic. I saw 1 today that was a real funky color but I've never seen that in any of my dogs.

So what if breeders purchase dogs from other breeders. What is the big deal about it. Breeders need to work together and bring new blood into their already existing lines you can't go it alone. As for newbies buying dogs from breeders everyone has to start some place. How do you think *all* breeders start out, they have to buy dogs from other breeders. Surely their dogs did not evolve from tiny little seeds that they planted in their yards. People need to start smelling the roses and stop critizing others to make themselves look good. It seems that the most successful are the ones who are working together sharing in the dogs and buying dogs from well established show breeders.

Sorry to get off the topic.