Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Thoughts on Pro Plan

I am the poster who had tried Orijen with two litters but could not get solid stools. I have tried many, many different foods over the last 10-15 years in an attempt to find a high quality food to start my puppies on. Loose stools have been the most consistent problem with many of the foods and of course along with that goes the mess... especially the one you wake up to in the morning!

This time around I finally relented and switched a litter that was doing poorly on Orijen over to Pro Plan Chicken & Rice Puppy. I was amazed. This food is magical! I swear, there is something in there that not only gives the puppies the most beautiful poop but it fossilizes it overnight!!! They can walk through their litter box and not smear it everywhere. Their pen is 100% cleaner in the morning and my life is no longer a constant battle of washing floors, pens, puppies, etc. Thank you to everyone who has recommended this food... I will never go back!

Re: My Thoughts on Pro Plan

I agree with you completely. But, my experience was using Wellness with a litter. My vet and I investigated EVERYTHING. We treated those poor puppies for worms, giardia, coccidia even though the stool samples showed no signs of parasites. Finally, at 6 1/2 weeks, I reluctantly switched to ProPlan puppy. The stools cleared up in two days! With all that pooping the puppies also did not put on the weight that I would expect. They finally started to look healthy when I swtiched to PP.

My adults are on Eagle Pack Holistic which I love. I will try the puppy food with my next litter although I don't think it has enough calories.. . so I may still use PP Puppy. It's too bad that we are all so reluctant to use it.

breeder
I agree with you completely. But, my experience was using Wellness with a litter. My vet and I investigated EVERYTHING. We treated those poor puppies for worms, giardia, coccidia even though the stool samples showed no signs of parasites. Finally, at 6 1/2 weeks, I reluctantly switched to ProPlan puppy. The stools cleared up in two days! With all that pooping the puppies also did not put on the weight that I would expect. They finally started to look healthy when I swtiched to PP.

YOU were reluctant to use it. Most of us have been using is successfully for years!
My adults are on Eagle Pack Holistic which I love. I will try the puppy food with my next litter although I don't think it has enough calories.. . so I may still use PP Puppy. It's too bad that we are all so reluctant to use it.

Many people have tried Pro Plan and had horrible results. It is crap food.

SOUNDS LIKE AN ADVERTISEMENT

Well, my dogs have been on it for years and my oldest dog is still working (better than most younger ones) at 10 years old.

Me thinks we have a troll infection

SOUNDS LIKE AN ADVERTISEMENT

Wrong. Best food for the price that is available. Love it. Wouldn't change a thing.

With a name like anon you have no room to talk about troll infection. That describes this entire forum.
There are so many people on here who think their opinions matter but not others. This forum is useless because it allows everyone to lurk in the shadows. One thing I know is dog people are really strange and ashamed to use their real names.