Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BEWARE OF INGEN

I hope this post isnt deleted as there is plenty of proof to back up any and all claims. A group of breeders will be going on every forum we can find and letting people know to beware of Ingen. They have tests backed up since last July. The specials they ran in January was a joke and seems to be a scam only.No one is getting results. They will not return emails or phone calls. On occasion Rick will post on Ingens facebook page but will never tell the real reason that results arent being posted.
You can see for yourself, all the upset customers by going to facebook and typing in International Genetics and finding the page. Its terrible what they are doing to people. Taking money in, and alot of it, for no reason but to scam people out of their money.
My only suggestion is at this point is that you best stay with Optigen as you will NOT get results back from Ingen.
When some have tried to dispute credit card, ingen has told them services were completed which is a lie.
on the turnaround page on Ingens site, it has tests completed in less than 45 days in purple. Not true.Some may have gotten them back but most have posted that they havent.
IF YOU HAVE PUT TESTS ON YOUR CREDIT CARD, THE GA DEPT. OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, THAT IS NOW HANDLING OUR CASES, HAS ADVISED CALLING THEM ON YOUR 30 DAY MARK, DO NOT WAIT. IF YOU HAVE TESTS WAITING, PLEASE JOIN US IN OUR FIGHT AGAINST INGEN, CALL THE GEORGIA CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND GET YOUR INFO IN TO THEM.
The GA BBB cant do anything as Ingen will not reply, consumer affairs is the only one that can help us at this point.
I hope you pass this along, no company should be allowed to keep this up.

Re: BEWARE OF INGEN

Why can't we all start a class action lawsuit? What is the phone# for Ga. Consumers? I am really fed up and sent in money for the scam in Jan., never got any emails back and since money doesn't grow on tree's at least in my backyard, they need to give us our money or suffer a lawsuit

And now we don't know if the test we got back were correct or not. Several have different things from Optigen. I will retest my boy with Optigen.

I have the info at home that i will post later for the GA consumer affairs, you call them, they take your info and you mail them your things.
Please mass email every breeder all of you know, this man has got to be stopped. Pass it along. You can still order the tests but no one is getting results, this is terrible.
Visit the facebook page, it can be found on Ingens website to become a fan. So many people out of money.
Yes many are retesting with optigen, recieved different results.
I will post the info later.

I think this thread falls within the "no disparaging remarks". I know this is not a breeder but Ive been burned by breeders alot worse than this but we do that here.

Its all true and people need to know before they order from this company again! So many are getting ripped off, its terrible. Go to facebook or ask around, its bad! and the proof is there to back it up. its not breeders gossip, the truth is the truth!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/animal-abuse/international-geneti/international-genetics-inc-i-3e4d9.htm

I would like to see proof that ingen test are not matching up to optigens.
no one has scanned results and posted them.
just because someone says they are different does not mean it is so.

give us the proof that the test are come back different.!!

The is so much BS on this forum. I find a lot of it very hard to believe.

So, I am going to put my money where my mouth is. I am ordering a test today. As soon as it arrives, I will swab my boy and send it in. So let's give Ingen 7 days to get the test swabs to me. They say they strive to have result back 30 days after they get the swabs from me. After 6 weeks (42 days), they say they will refund my money if I don't have the results. I figure that is a total of about 7 weeks. Let's give them a little break and say 8 weeks.

So, mark your calendars for June 5th. I figure I should be able to tell you if they live up to their claims or not.

Go to the facebook page, there is proof there, the optigen and ingen differences.
Ill bite, people waiting since July up til now and you are ordering? go for it, lose your money.
Its all there on the facebook page, international genetics, a facebook page made by people who have been taken called "ingens customer experience forum" is also now on facebook along with a few others.
They are not doing a thing test wise other than selling them.

Rip off report has several claims, under ingen and international genetics. Also go to the BBB and type in their name, claims coming up unresolved due to Rick or Sherrill never responding.

Re: My own experience with Ingen, and I am not anonymous.

I will share this for those who are considering using this company. I did not buy into the threads on the forums that were trashing this company as I like to check into things myself. I sent Ingen my money, got the swabs within days. I returned them quickly and within days got a confirmation that the swabs were received and would be processed within 30 days. I was also assigned a customer portal in which I had an incomplete certificate for my girl with all her info , except her test results. The due date for my results was 2-28-10. I wrote a couple of very nice e-mails to the company inquiring about the results for my girl. I was giving them the benefit of doubt. My impression now is that something is quite amiss and I would not trust this company ever again to run any tests on my dogs. I have nothing to gain by lying about my experience. I am stating facts and nothing more. Everyone needs to make their own choices... My name is attached as is my kennel name.

Cindy Gurney

Your better off just throwing your money out the window!!! I sent my swabs in Feb., they received it. As of today, they haven't shown they have done the test on my dogs and I'm now out $160.00. Maybe you can just reimburse all of us that just blew out money to a SCAM Co., instead of wasting your money on a test that you will never get results on

Inaccurate Results from Ingen

I am one who has received inaccurate results. If anyone would like to email me, I will forward all information on. Including the Ingen PDF files and I will scan the Optigen reports. Along with their parents Optigen reports that show there is no way these dogs could have been positive/affected for PRA. When we did these breedings, we did not even have a stud dog on the property that was a PRA carrier, they were all Optigen tested Normal/Clears.

I will post my email and feel free to email. Personally I will not use Ingen again. Don't feel confident in there results anymore.

I don't have the time to set up multi pages for all these reports on my website. But will be more then happy to email them to anyone that inquiries. I had nothing against them, but after the 3rd mistake and no answer as to what happened. I lost all faith in them. Its not worth it the money we saved for the worries that they caused us until we got new test results done. Plus having to pay Optigen to tested them for us. We didn't save a dime and actually lost more in the end.

Re: Inaccurate Results from Ingen

Well Heather, it is not a valid email address. Can you repost with a correct addy?

The cost of the Ingen test is not that great. I'm from Missouri. Well, not really, but I could have been born in the "Show Me State".

Re: Inaccurate Results from Ingen

I'll bite
The cost of the Ingen test is not that great. I'm from Missouri. Well, not really, but I could have been born in the "Show Me State".

You might consider the option of learning from the mistakes of others. I doubt if you could live long enough to make all of them for yourself

P.S. the email address has spaces between the various parts and "at" as well as "dot" are spelled out so it is not a direct link. Format the address correctly and it is valid.

You may get your swabs, but you may not get results. I sent mine in January and have not heard anything (plenty of email response in regard to getting my order and none in finding out when results might be available). I knew the company was struggling and wasn't in a big rush to get results, but have given up on InGen. Results may be forthcoming at some point but I have tested elsewhere. No disparaging remarks-I just believe this is a company in real trouble and unlikely to be reliable.

ordered tests in Dec. sent back in Dec. and not a word and no answers to my emails and no results posted. I know many personally in the same boat.

I don't know of how slow or fast Ingen is acting now but Nov. '09 I ordered two kits...got both within days....took a little while to get my results. To be honest I was not keeping up with how long it was taking since I tested my in advance before needing results. I never fussed with them...Rick from Ingen sent me a letter saying how sorry they were and offered me a refund of my money or more test. I told him I prefered a refund because I didn't have any dogs I wanted tested at the time besides the two. I recieved my refund within 5 days of the letter and test results were available also at that time.
This is just my experience with them, but I have heard breeder friends complain about not recieving their results. Now I am just worried that the results could be wrong...I will be retesting with Optigen and can just thank God they did send me my refund back.

Thanks for the heads up! We'll not be using Ingen again here.