Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NaturVet Kelp Help

Have any of you tried the product Kelp Help by NaturVet. I have a 16 month old yellow lab and I happened to try it because a friend of mine works at the company here in CA. I had been complaining about my dog shedding. He has always shed since he was about mos and very heavy at times, but about 3-4 months ago it became unbearable. I was vacuuming 3 times a day and no one in the house was allowed to pet the dog due to so much hair coming off. I have never seen anything like this kind of shedding.

We began using Kelp Help Jan 23 (double dose for first 2 weeks (instructions from NaturVet owner) then went to normal dosage. By 2 weeks we noticed a little less shedding but by 4 weeks my lab STOPPED shedding.
I can rake my fingers through his coat and pull and cannot get more than 1 or 2 hairs after several pulls. I am astonished.
Once in a while I will see some really fine hairs from under his chin but other than that he has completely stopped shedding. My house is sooooo clean.

Whenever I tell other dog owners my lab does not shed they look so skeptical that I always have them try to get hair off him - they can't believe it when they pull on his hair and nothing comes out. Anyone who owns a lab knows how unusual it is for our dogs not to shed.

Anyway just wanted to know if anyone else had this experience with this product or if it is a fluke. Whatever, I am never taking him off Kelp Help. He is actually a joy to have in the house now.

Re: NaturVet Kelp Help

It's a fluke

Re: NaturVet Kelp Help

You know every time I have ever posted on this forum I have regretted it. This was not an advertisement you idiot. I actually tried a product that "for once" worked. Thought I might share my experience but you know-it-all big mouths on this forum always have something negative to say. If it didn't happen to you - it didn't happen. Shut the hell up and keep cleaning up your dog hair.