Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nature's Domain Sweet Potato & Salmon

I had answered a post a few weeks ago about dog food and put this out there as Kirkland Brand. I went to Costco yesterday and figured out why I could not find this under Kirkland Dog food. It is Nature's Domain but you can only buy it from Costco. It is grain free and a sweet potato/salmon mix. I read the label and really like what I seen. So far the 1 boy with allergies has gone thru 2 bags & I like what I see. I mixed a bag in with Purina Performance or whatever they call it now. I will see how my yellow girl does on it as well as my black male. See if his coat stays nice. I hesitate to take my 7 month old off of PP Puppy cause I do like what I see so I am adding about 1/4 to what he normally gets to see how he does on it. Nature's Domain has a website, just goggle the name and it comes up. On in Independence Missouri I paid $27.99 for a 35 lb bag. I emailed the company and asked about breeder/multiple bag/coupon discounts. I am waiting for a reply.

Re: Nature's Domain Sweet Potato & Salmon

Thanks for the report on this food. I have been eager to hear how it is working out as have 1 of my dogs on a much more expensive grain free salmon food but am always looking for a bargain!

Do you know protein/fat percentages?

I got this off their website

CALORIE CONTENT
3,590 kcals/kg (336 kcals/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein 24.0% minimum
Crude Fat 14.0% minimum
Crude Fiber 3.0% maximum
Moisture 10.0% maximum
Zinc 150 mg/kg
minimum
Selenium 0.4 mg/kg
minimum
Vitamin E 150 IU/kg minimum
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* 2.4% minimum
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* 0.3% minimum

I have been looking for this food in the Pacific Northwest (WA) and so far have not found it at any of the 4 Costco stores I have visited. I am anxious to try it since I like the ingredients as well. I currently use the Kirkland premium C/R.

Has anyone in WA found this food?

I plan on contacting the manager of my local Costco and ask that they carry it. The company who makes the food responded to my e-mail and said that it is currently on trial. I hope I can find it at some point.

The ingredients in this food sound very similiar to Canidae Grain Free Salmon, which is also manufactured by Diamond.

I actually was the one that posted asking about the food several weeks ago. Since then we have feed a couple bags to a couple younger pups. They seem to like the food and doing good on it. Still can't tell on coats because they are starting to shed. Should know in a couple more months. But so far, we are liking the food.

I live in Ga and went to my local Costco and they do not carry it. I was told that it was a west coast product. I have emailed the company asking if there is a way to try the food. I just sent the email yesterday so have not gotten a reply yet.
Julia

This food is available in Ohio.
A number of breeders are trying it.
We will post a message about what we think of it in about six weeks.

I'm also in the midwest and started feeding it to some of the dogs a few weeks ago - just bought 2 more bags today as a matter of fact. So far so good.

One result of feeding this grain free food is already evident after a week-Less Poop!