Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grass...

My back yard is a mess due to the fact I lost a big beautiful ELM tree during IKE (that tree covered 1/2 the backyard... grass was shaded) and the St. Augustine is now dead and I have nothing but weeds... need to buy sod... am researching ... Any ideas of a good hardy grass for labs? I work so the girls have the run of the backyard & can come into the sunroom during the day to be lazy... which is most of the time.... any experience with baby bermuda or buffalo grass... Your thoughts and experience with this would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Re: Grass...

Centipide has proven to be resistant to everything here.

I also found a site here locally in Houston... organic, combo if St. Augustine & Bermuda and supposed to be great for dogs! Thanks for your reply! Going to look into Centp.

I am also in Texas and researching grass. What place in Houston did you find the mixture?

I bought landscape material for the Phx Zoo years ago and we put in a variety of grass called mid iron in the Lion/Tiger exhibits. It was very hardy and did great in our hot weather/sun.

Will have to look up the organic mix ... at work... The Zoo grass should interesting!

http://www.houstonlandscapemulch.com/organic_grass.htm

I have not called this group yet... called someone who recommened them...

One sod farmer said to just use bermuda, it was cheaper... not sure what to do...
Will email you the sod farmers I have called if you are interested please email me Thanks