Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ENook or Kindle

I thought I would put this out here before I buy. I would like a Barnes & Noble ENook or a Kindle. Anyone have one of these? Are they worth it? I am really leaning towards the Barnes & Noble one.

Re: ENook or Kindle

You might want to read through this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-book_formats

I wouldn't buy either of the proprietary hardware products. I recommend spending the extra and getting an ipad. It will read both formats and many newspapers & magazines are now making their content available specifically for the ipad. You get a convenient little computer and a book reader all in one - of course, at twice the price of either of the two you mentioned

My brother is a manager of a Barnes and Noble and has at length talked about how far superior the Nook is compared to others like the Kindle. He says that Nook is the only one that "plays well with others" meaning you can use other software and purchase from other places besides B&N whereas you can't with the Kindle.

Never tried the other, but I've had a Kindle pretty much since they first came out and been VERY happy with it.

I like the Sony Reader...compatible to get the ebooks from most anywhere. The Kindle, you are completely limited.
Sony has the new Touch Reader as well as the pockets. On my wish list for my one son.

Before you actually buy either, Amazon hs free downloads that will put the kindle on your PC, netbook, Blackberry,Ipad,Iphone,Ipod etc. Lots of free books to try the device out with and see if you even like the whole concept before you buy

I don't know anything about the ENook, but I LOVE my Kindle! The book selection is varied, the downloads fast and the reading experience is wonderful!

I also have had a kindle from the beginning. It is great and you cannot beat the wireless download. It is fast and you can do it everywhere. I compared it to the nook when the nook came out and found the kindle to be superior.

I love my kindle, i have 2 buddies with the Nook and i am downloading in places where they cannot... i don't care if it is proprietary, i buy all or most books from amazon anyway... and you can load pdfs into it so i carry the rule books from every venue in which we compete with me... and my husband has found dozens if not hundreds of free or wicked cheap stories for his kindle,

get the big one, the paperback size is wimpy
my kindle rocks

barb