Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marquis

Does anyone know the most affordable place to order Marquis? My vet is fine with writing the prescription.

Re: Marquis

Marquis is no longer the easiest to use. The active ingridient in Marquis is Ponazuril. You can now have your vet call Road Runner Pharmacy (don't have the number in front of me) and he can order a bottle of it sent directly to you. Once he calls in the Rx with your name and number the Pharmacist will call you directly for more information. Marquis is harder to mix, taste horrible. Ponazuril can be made in a flavor, (I suggest the beef flavor) they are so nice at RR and will tell you how to orally dispense it, it's a piece of cake. Pups love the flavor. Much much easier. Can use it on new borns, bitch in whelp, bitch nursing, everyone all the time, it's very safe.

Good Luck

What is the cost and shelf life of the compounded formula ordering it that way?

Stacey- I just ordered the smaller bottle (90mg) in beef flavor for around $40 I think. Exp on bottle says 6 months shelf life in fridge, but we have used it past that time frame with efficacy. They only need two doses (can do 5 days) and coccydia are gone, plus pups lap it out of the syringe!!

Thanks! Do you know approximately how many puppies that bottle will treat?

my bottle from Road runner is 150 mg/ml I dose .6 per 5 bls for one day.
I do two days just to be sure every 2 weeks and it works wonders.

you can search Road Runner on here and find the info

Other compounding companies can make this up for you, needs a prescription from the veterinarian.
Remember, compounding companies can only legally compound and make available medications that cannot be obtained in that particular doseage anywhere else. In other words, pay attention to the strength and doseage of the compounded medication, as it is almost always different from the manufacturer-available product.
I recently procured Ponazuril for a client from a coumpounding company that was compounded in a 60mg./ml dose, where Marquis is 50mg./ml. The veterinarian calculated the lower dose for her puppies.
There should be no need to repeat every two weeks, Ponazuril is a very effective drug and that may be overdoing it!

if you have coccidia on your property and have had trouble with it in the past it could be necessary to dose every two weeks. they can pick it back up the day after you dose and it will show up 10-14 days later.

those of us who have had litters with bad cases are tickled pink by using this medication.

we mix 1 tube of Marquis with 200cc steril water

dose 1half cc per 10# for 2 days

It will keep well in the refridgerator

How much do you pay for Marquis and where do you get it?