Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pee Posts

DH is always trying to save what little he can of our grass without much luck. Today he saw a product called a Pee Post, a plastic post that supposedly will attract dogs to urinate in a specific place in your yard. Although I'm a doubting Thomas where this is concerned, I promised DH I'd ask to see if anyone had used Pee Posts with success. If you have -- or if you have any other suggestions for a man who's yearning for a green lawn (besides "Get rid of the dogs") -- feel free to post them too!

Barb

Re: Pee Posts

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+18+11109&pcatid=11109

Let us know if it works, Barb!!!!

I bought the Pee Post at PetSmart when I was trying to house train a puppy. I would take the puppy out at all the designated times (i.e after sleeping, eating, etc.) and he would do everything except pee. I was so desperate I bought the pee post. It definitely did NOT work and was a total waste of money.

Tried it and had no luck. My boy had no interest in it, even when walked over and asked to 'christen' it.

Thanks, guys. That's about what I expected!

Barb

It was interesting here. My dogs promptly ripped it out of the ground and ran around the yard with it. They loved it! They thought it was a great new toy. Did not work for peeing though.