Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another registry. What is the NKC?

According to the site I went to, the puppies are AKC and NKC registered. Can anyone tell me what NKC is, how reputable they are and what the purpose of having pups registered in both AKC and NKC would be?

I am not flaming. I use only AKC and put as much stock in the CKC-Canadian Kennel Club as the AKC. I have never registered with any other than the AKC but would have no problem using the real CKC.

I have heard of the UKC, the CKC-ContinentalKC (not good things about the Continental) but now what is the NKC? Where do they fit in with the United and Continental Kennel Clubs, better, worse or the same as which clubs?

Google showed me that NKC=National Kennel Club. Other than that, I never heard of it before. TIA for replies.

Re: Another registry. What is the NKC?

they have a website but i have never heard of them

http://www.nationalkennelclub.com/

http://www.nationalhybridregistry.com/

I have a neighbor who raises American Bulldogs and they are all NKC registered :O(
all she has to do is send in photos of the parents and pups to "prove" they are American bulldogs and they get registrations papers.

Well, aside from the NKC's breed "Standard" on physical characteristics of the Labrador Retriever...this is also included:
"They are excellent gun-dogs, and are used not only by hunters, but also by the police as guard dogs"

POLICE GUARD DOGS!!!

LOL

Thank you for all the information. I never in my life heard of them and glad I didn't before this.

I can now tell the puppy buyer that almost worked with a breeder that uses them sometimes, to absolutely not work with that breeder. The breeder also shows and registers with AKC.

I will find them a different breeder to work with.

Good idea! Tell them to run... especially if that breeder is from Jersey

Just Me
Good idea! Tell them to run... especially if that breeder is from Jersey

OMGsh! The breeder *is* from New Jersey !

I already told them, that's not the breeder they're working with before seeing your post and explained why. They were fine about it and appreciated all of the help. There are upcoming litters close enough to them. They were making contact with 1 of my referrals today.

Thank you for your help! I never heard of that registry and it was a yellow nearing red flag right away. Thank doG they trusted me to find out what NKC was here or it could have been a close call.