Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
repro vet

Looking for a repro vet in NJ and the contact info for Dr. Hutch..
If anyone can post, thank you
Also, do you know if Hutch does phone consults?

Re: repro vet

Hutch: 440-327-8282

He does phone consults (I believe on Thur. starting at 6:00) Call his office to make an appointment.

Last time I called the charge was $40

He is great to talk to.

$35.00

Never used him, so can't recommend personally but there is one at NorthStar Vets (formerly VSDS in Cream Ridge/Allentown area). Here's the contact info:

Manoel A. M. Tamassia, DVM, MS, PhD
Theriogenology
www.northstarvets.com

609-259-8300

$$$$$
$35.00

He use to charge $35 but his price was increased to $40.

Annette P
Never used him, so can't recommend personally but there is one at NorthStar Vets (formerly VSDS in Cream Ridge/Allentown area). Here's the contact info:

Manoel A. M. Tamassia, DVM, MS, PhD
Theriogenology
www.northstarvets.com

609-259-8300

I recieve an email from NorthStar often. You can request it if you would like. Coincidentally, it just came yesterday. According to their email, there are only 79 board certified theriogenologists in the world.

Hutch is great but not a board certified theriogenologist. His now $40 fee is reasonable for a repro phone consult.

Tamassia used to be at the University of Illinois- I think he did some small animal stuff here, but did a TON of bovine embryo transfer. I never got to work with him (he left before I got here) but I've only heard good things about him.

Natalie

Natalie Maticka, DVM
Tamassia used to be at the University of Illinois- I think he did some small animal stuff here, but did a TON of bovine embryo transfer. I never got to work with him (he left before I got here) but I've only heard good things about him.

Natalie

They all do bovine work, are you during your additional training? It's great practice to collect, inseminate and now ET in bovines.

The poster should speak with a true dog repro vet to discuss their problem. I would go with Hutch, he's available for emergencies on more days than just Thursdays.

Hutch has the experience and usually is correct. If doing a telephone consult, the theriogenologist could be in another country. A phone call is just that. GL.