Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tales of the tail!

Pup has lovely coat and body. Tail is fully wrapped
and perfect length. One big problem IT HAS A CURL on the bottom third! When she wags it is perfect but when relaxed it does this funky curl. She just turned five months, her tail was lovely until about a month ago. Any hope? Thanks so much for any opinions.

Re: Tales of the tail!

My experience is that once it curls, it doesn't go away.

Re: Tales of the tail!

Tails?
Pup has lovely coat and body. Tail is fully wrapped
and perfect length. One big problem IT HAS A CURL on the bottom third! When she wags it is perfect but when relaxed it does this funky curl. She just turned five months, her tail was lovely until about a month ago. Any hope? Thanks so much for any opinions.

She's a youngster yet, going through growth spurts. Wait and see, of course you can and should hope for the best. The tail might go right back to how it was a month ago. If she's nice all over, I would wait until at least until 12 to 18 mo. That's just my opinion but I don't like to throw the baby out with the bath water.

It's bad enough sometimes we do at 8 weeks not realizing how all pups will turn out as adults. Some pet homes do wind up with show potential pups b/c most of us can't run on the majority of a litter and thank doG don't want our pups in *satellite homes.*