Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
runny poo and eating poo

I have a little puppy that is eating her own poop, and she is alos having REALLY stinky poop.
Her fecals are clear on parasites. She eats an all natural chicken and rice, no corn, soy or b-products.
No human food and is on NuVet.
An ideas?

Re: runny poo and eating poo

JMHO I would add some probiotics to her food, and maybe some enzymes as she is most likely trying to replace what is lost as well as get the enzymes from the stool. Sounds gross but if that's the only source of them she's going to find it any way she can.
Also maybe back off on the Nuvet a bit, I use Nupro but feed it at about 2/3 less than what is suggested. It will cause soft stools if given too much or too quickly.

Thank you Tiffany.
Where would I get Enzymes?
I can get the Probiotics at the feed store.

Plain..must be DANNON..you'll see why when you read the label. Chicken & rice baby food (human) clears up poo quickly.

I heard that giving them a FigNewton cookie a day will help them to stop eating poop. Never quite sure if it worked or not.

Fig Newtons don't work IMHO. Neither does pineapple, bananas, sprinkling hot sauce/pepper. Probiotics will likely help and make sure you're not over feeding - that can cause the runs too.