Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey Lori Bentine - Tremont Labradors - I met two handsome guys in the Idaho woods the other day ...

They said they belong to you!!!!

One was your son Corey and the other was "Chance?" I think that was the name of the beautiful yellow dog with your son.

Anyway, talk about it being a small world. I own a cabin in Pinehaven Idaho. Your son is renting one for the summer just down the road from me. Well... we both happened to be out for a walk on Saturday when I spotted what could have NEVER in a million years been a locally bred lab. I rushed up babbling about how he must come from show or English lines and how handsome he was and Corey said - "Yes my mom breeds and shows labradors." I asked "who is she?" He replied "You probably don't know her, we live in Ohio." I said - "you'd be surprised - we all know each others names and dogs even if we have never met." He said "well her name is Lori Bentine and her kennel name is Trement. I surprised him by saying "Tremont's Fu Man Chu!"

Gorgeous set of boys you have there! And I am very happy to have them for summer neighbors.

Perhaps we'll meet someday. As a matter of fact, I may have shown to you in a sweepstakes already - I'll have to check my old catalogs.

Anyway, happy labbing
Valerie Jones
JonValer Labradors

Re: Hey Lori Bentine - Tremont Labradors - I met two handsome guys in the Idaho woods the other day

Dear Valerie ~

Corey called me immediately after running into you in the woods w/"Chance"! He was tickled to be spotted so far away from home and to come upon another Labrador person. I'm sure he told you he is working at the TroutHunter fly fishing resort in Island Park. Last time Cor and Chance roamed the woods together they came face to face w/an 8-foot mamma Moose and her calf. Had it not been for Chance's barking Corey would have plowed right into them! It was a true "Lassie" moment for Cor! At least that's the story I'm telling . . .

Thanks for being so kind to my curly-haired son! I look forward to meeting you
again in person some day soon! Best regards,

Lori Bentine