Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
whelping box bedding

Just had a litter of puppies and i have always used the pupps pro fleece. But we are having such a heat wave that my girl is getting to hot on the Thick Pro Fleece. Do they make a thinner one and can you buy it in the US? I love the fleece because it wicks away the pee and is good foot for them but she is just hot laying on it. Puppies are only 3 days old so I don't want to make the box to cool for her and not warm enough for the pups.

Re: whelping box bedding

new mommy
Just had a litter of puppies and i have always used the pupps pro fleece. But we are having such a heat wave that my girl is getting to hot on the Thick Pro Fleece. Do they make a thinner one and can you buy it in the US? I love the fleece because it wicks away the pee and is good foot for them but she is just hot laying on it. Puppies are only 3 days old so I don't want to make the box to cool for her and not warm enough for the pups.

They do make fleece thinner than pro fleece sold by the roll or length. You can also use cool washclothes for the girls and pups if they get too warm.

Check some of the pet supplies for a thinner fleece.