Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Good reply to this Person

A prospective puppy buyer contacted my friend.
They had a nice conversation.
Details were discuessed.
Buyer wanted to think about it, check on other dogs and get back to her.
She said fine.
She just shared with me this buyer's voice message.
He offered to "take the puppy off her hands" for half the price. (Her price was middle of the road for the area.)
She is not sure how to reply as she has never delt with something like this.
I told her to politly decline his offer and wish him well.
Any other suggestions?????

Re: Need Good reply to this Person

Her response should be something like she is sorry that he got the impression she had a need to get rid of this puppy, as that is not the case. The puppy is available to right home and this is the price. There is no need to get him off her hands, he has a home for life until the right family comes around. Thank you for your interest; however, the puppy is no longer available to you.

Thank you "bdr" for your reply.
It was very nicely put-polite but to the point.
My friend is in no rush to place this pup.
She has kept guys until almost six months waiting for the right home.
She wants to respond properly.
Your words will help.

11 years ago when I started showing and eventually breeding I promised myself I would always call people back and respond carefully and take time with callers whether they bought a pup from me or not. Sorry to say I no longer feel that way. I am sick of calls asking if I have "gotten rid" of my puppies, emails with yahoo, and hot mail addresses where they ask "how much" and never even sign their name. I am also sick of puppy buyers who "forget" to tell me of vacation plans that were made a year ago with said vacation taking place 2 weeks after getting a baby puppy.

If the person never visited to be interviewed, I wouldn't respond to the call at all.

Oh, I would not even answer to that people.

Why does she think she needs to respond at all? Delete delete delete and forget about it.

I would not waste my time answering them

No need to answer. It only gives credence to their ridiculous statements

Personally, I would send a one-line reply such as - "I'm sorry but my prices are not negotiable" - and leave it at that

Disappointed Breeder
A prospective puppy buyer contacted my friend.
They had a nice conversation.
Details were discuessed.
Buyer wanted to think about it, check on other dogs and get back to her.
She said fine.
She just shared with me this buyer's voice message.
He offered to "take the puppy off her hands" for half the price. (Her price was middle of the road for the area.)
She is not sure how to reply as she has never delt with something like this.
I told her to politly decline his offer and wish him well.
Any other suggestions?????

I wonder if this person could be trying to pull a scam? Offering half price and never paying anything or bouncing a check if she accepts them. If I were this breeder, don't call back or make any contact with him.

I guess I don't trust as much as some but something seems fishy.

Tell her to forget he called and left that message. Just move on with the normal puppy buyers. It's not worth making a point, stay far away from him.

Seriously. If they agreed to pay full price now, I would not sell them a puppy. Best not to reply at all!!!!!