Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac critiques??????

What happened to the Potomac critiques?
There used to be a note on the web site saying available when we get them, or something to that nature.
Now it's gone as is the link to the show results as well.
It's July....Potomac was in April....
Can we get the critiques posted, please?

Re: Potomac critiques??????

Maybe if you were really sweet and asked the judges nicely to get their critiques written and sent to the club, they might get posted.

wondering
What happened to the Potomac critiques?
There used to be a note on the web site saying available when we get them, or something to that nature.
Now it's gone as is the link to the show results as well.
It's July....Potomac was in April....
Can we get the critiques posted, please?

Speak to the LRCP board members directly, not on a posting board. Potomac is run by the LRCP, their board members would be the people to chase those critiques from the judges.

The critiques are up!
http://lrcp.com/Index_2010_BIG_Win_At_Potomac.shtml

The LRCP is pleased to post the first part of the 2010 Potomac Critiques
We are working diligently to get the remaining critiques up, thank you everyone for your patience. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Susan
LRCP Corresponding Secretary

THANK YOU!

The AmBred class seems to be the only one missing for dogs. Nice critiques!

Thank you for the link to the Potomac critiques. They were well worth the wait.

I enjoyed Winnie Limbourne's *My Potomac Experience* the most. It was a pleasure to see her judging at the Potomac. What a fine job she did. She summed it up with her a beautifully written summary of her experience judging *this many correct, great dogs*.

I had only seen Winnie judge a specialty once before in this decade, it was an honor to see her judging once again, especially at the Potomac.

Those were great critiques and a wonderful 2010 Potomac. I am looking forward to many more.

I am glad this thread was posted, I am such a newbie, didn't even know there was such a thing as Potomac Critiques! Now I can sit and read and soak up and learn. Glad you asked here and not directly to the secretary.

Potomac critiques??????

Did anyone happen to take pictures? If so, please let me know if they are posted on your website! I would love to see some them and try and follow comments. If I am asking an inappropriate question, sorry! Thanks!

Potomac is the best, definitely a place to learn. Just remember that the critiques are one judge's opinion. You have to go out, look, listen, go over dogs and then form your own

anonbreeder
Potomac is the best, definitely a place to learn. Just remember that the critiques are one judge's opinion. You have to go out, look, listen, go over dogs and then form your own

But it's a good place to begin for someone starting in the breed, seeing a long time breeder like Winnie's opinions of some of the best dogs at a show like the Potomac.

Yes, critiques are someone's opinion but it depends on who the someone is.

I have always liked the *majority* of the dogs Winnie puts up. She has a great eye and lots of experience as a breeder+judge.

Winnie could probably mentor most of us with her many years in labradors. Her website states Wingmaster was established in 1968.