Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
goats milk

Can someone tell me where to purchase goats milk?
Thank you

Re: goats milk

In the larger markets, it is in the supermarkets, fresh, in the "health food" cooler section. In other places, health foods. Also goats milk yogurt is in supermarkets and health food markets. I'd also check some ethnic markets, such as middle eastern ones, where one can buy goat meat.
One can also check with the local ag department or the 4-H goat club for dairies.There are goat dairies in bedroom communities of New York City.
The supermarkets and health food stores also carry canned goats milk, which smells strong to me. There also used to be a powdered version, back when goats milk was hard to find, and my now adult, then toddler, had a cow's milk allergy.
Canned Esbilac also exists in a Goat version, my preferred if I must use Esbilac.

If you give a location or leave an email, perhaps others can help you further, as a number of breeders do use goat's milk in various parts of the country.

Meyenberg is the brand I could find 20 years ago. Here's a link where to buy. Easy when one simply searches for goat milk online, so I suspect you were looking for a dairy source for fresh. Meyenberg also has fresh.

http://meyenberg.com/index.php?page=where-to-buy

Meyenberg goats milk is sold at walmart and kroger stores out here on the east coast

Yes, I was going to say Wal mart and most grocery stores. Look near the evaporated milk.

thanks for this info-you're right , I guess I could have done a search-sorry.
Do others use GM esbilac - I heard there were eye issues associated with esbilac.
I am located in NY

You can also get powdered goat milk at any good feed store.

I got canned powered at a big pet store. They are local here in the Tulsa area. I would bet Petsmart or any large feed store would carry it, as the last poster mentioned. I like the powdered it mixes well with water or can just be sprinkled into food.

I have found quart cartons fresh in 3 of the food stores in my area. Make sure you check the last date of sale as they don't sell well and sometimes don't pull them off the shelf last day of sale.

If you can't find fresh, there is canned.

If your food store doesn't carry it, try a store like WholeFoods http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/ that carry natural and organic food. There is a long list of states it's located in. I found other products for the dogs and humans there that I couldn't find in the large food chains. Although usually pricey, sometimes they're cheaper for certain food products than the food stores. Odd but no complaints.

Open your local Craighlist and search for goat milk and you may find someone close to your town or home that sells it. I got fresh goat milk for my pups all the time, just a few blocks from our house there is a guy that raises goats.

The Squirrel Store has the best prices on Goats Milk Esbilac, she ships fast and is located in CT.

I don't know where you're located, but try searching on craig's list. You can usually get is fresh and not processed on there. You can buy it frozen, but my neighbor down the street told me to pitch it after 30 days if it was frozen. She raised the goats.