Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No tootsie rolls

I have 11 week old puppies that are Innova Large puppy. They have had loose stools since the beginning, even with the wormings, vet meds, etc. I just picked up and 18 month old and she is also having the same problem, All adults are fine. Have also been giving some yougart. Thoughts?

Re: No tootsie rolls

question
I have 11 week old puppies that are Innova Large puppy. They have had loose stools since the beginning, even with the wormings, vet meds, etc. I just picked up and 18 month old and she is also having the same problem, All adults are fine. Have also been giving some yougart. Thoughts?

I tried Innova (not large breed) and had terrible results. Not pleased at all.

I have 12 week old puppies on Innova large breed and the stools are slightly soft but well formed. I was giving yogurt with their food until recently and the stool consistency did not change when I stopped the yogurt. I plan to stay on Innova large breed until they are ready for adult food.

if stool is loose, not formed and solid, that is not normal. I would change foods Stool on puppies this age should be normal if what they are eating agrees with them.

Had poor results with Innova Puppy a few years ago. Didn't go back.

Have you checked for giardia ?? It doesn't have to effect the adults....the puppies can just have intermittent loose stools.

Are the puppies being fed from the same lot of dog food ( I don't know what quantity you purchased the food in )? Is it possible it is a bad batch of the food? Can you possibly try buying just a new small bag, and feeding them from that and seeing if the problem continues? Something to consider.

yes, have check and cleared for everything....maybe a food change is in order.