Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
royal canin pro ht 42d

Has anyone had any experience with this food ? Opinions ?

Re: royal canin pro ht 42d

Feel free to contact me directly.

I haven't missed a bitch since I started using it and my average litter size has increased!

I also work for the company and would be happy to explain distribution for this product as it can be tricky.

Yes we used it, no we won't use it again.

with the main ingredient of corn, no I don't think it would be appropriate.

Maybe you should ask why the first ingredient is corn!

Reproduction is the only time during the life of the bitch that a diet of 40% carbohydrates is optimal. Also, carbs are the first energy the body will use if they are available. By providing enough carbohydrates for the body to use as daily energy the body will store the energy from the protein source (chicken meal). Those stores will be needed for lactation which can be up to 300% more energy demanding on the body. By providing her more reserves available (and the proper nutrition during lactation) she can be in great shape even at 8 weeks post whelping!

I had a bitch who missed 3 breeding and had a litter of 3 puppies. Since using HT 42D the same bitch has had a litter of 10 and a litter of 9. I also had a bitch who produced cleft palates in her first two litters, next time used HT 42D - no more clefts. The food is not designed to fix all reproduction problems but in the healthy breeding bitch it does promote optimal reproduction.

Elizabeth Martin
Maybe you should ask why the first ingredient is corn!

Reproduction is the only time during the life of the bitch that a diet of 40% carbohydrates is optimal. Also, carbs are the first energy the body will use if they are available. By providing enough carbohydrates for the body to use as daily energy the body will store the energy from the protein source (chicken meal). Those stores will be needed for lactation which can be up to 300% more energy demanding on the body. By providing her more reserves available (and the proper nutrition during lactation) she can be in great shape even at 8 weeks post whelping!

I had a bitch who missed 3 breeding and had a litter of 3 puppies. Since using HT 42D the same bitch has had a litter of 10 and a litter of 9. I also had a bitch who produced cleft palates in her first two litters, next time used HT 42D - no more clefts. The food is not designed to fix all reproduction problems but in the healthy breeding bitch it does promote optimal reproduction.

I have taken my Labs off any foods with corn or corn fillers over the years, they do great in all ways not on them.

I will say, they never had reproductive problems tho. I'm sorry to say, I find it hard to believe just a food could *promote optimal reproduction*..... Aren't there carbs other than corn or corn fillers?

I've used this product on my last few litters and while I don't have a dramatic before and after story, I will say that my bitches have been very fit, active, and healthy up until the very end of their pregnancies. The lower fat and protein has provided for smaller puppies at birth and therefore easier whelpings.

Regarding ingredients, the best thing I ever did was shift my eyes onto my dogs and how the food performs, rather than what the food is made up of, and my dogs are just as healthy. Just my personal experience!

We use this diet on all our breeding bitches. They have loads of energy and look terrific all the way up to the weaning stage. In all the years we've been breeding, we've only missed once (touching wood now)