Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Obedience

Hello.. If I got My Rally Novice in an A class... Do I enter my boy in a CD class A or B?? Do I enter Rally Adanced B or A?

If I get a CD in an A class Do I enter Rally Novice in a A or B class? Do I enter CDX in A or B?

Re: Obedience

Since you have a Rally title, you must enter in B class for the CD, For the rest of the regular Obedience, you will enter in A until you reach the coveted Utility title, then you will have to enter in B.

For Rally, you can continue to enter in the A class until you get the Rally Excellent, then if you want to go for higher Rally titles, you will enter in B.

Obedience Novice A is a one time deal (well, 3 qualifying scores). You can only enter in that if you have never titled a dog (whether it be the one you are entering now or one from the past). After you have a titled dog, you must enter Novice B for Regular Obedience. Rally you can enter in the A group no matter if you have titled a dog or not.

Hope this makes sense.

You have this backwards. If you have ever gotten a CD on any dog, you must enter Rally B.

You can get all the Rally titles you want on your dog and if you have never put a CD on any dog; you can go Rally A all the way and obedience A also.
However once you get a CD it's Rally B

If it is your first dog in obedience, you can enter Obedience A going on to CDX, and utility. Having rally titles does not require you to enter obedience B.

I've done all this and been trained by the best.

Good Luck.....FORWARD....EXERCISED FINISHED

You have your first Rally Title, congrats, in rally you would show in Advanced A, then in Excellent A. If you get a CD in obedience before finishing Advanced or excellent you move to the B class in rally. Once you finish advanced you show in B in advanced, once you finish excellent you show in B in both Adv and excellent towards the RAE.

If you have NEVER titled any dog in obedience, you can go for novice obedience in the Novice A class - entrance in Novice A in both rally and Obedience means the handler has never gotten a title in obedience.

Once you put a CD on any dog your only choice in Novice is Novice B. If the DOG has his CD, he has to be in the B classes in rally. If the dog has the CD, they then go to the Open A class for the CDX, then Utility A. once the dog has finished a regular obedience title above novice, they show in the B for that title, so open A till CDX, open B after.

Anyone can show in the B classes no matter if they have a title or not.

Yes. May I add that EVERY exhibitor should get themselves a copy of the Regs and READ THEM!!!! I am amazed at how many folks (who should know better) still enter the wrong classes!

Have fun! Anne