Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shipping boxes in heat.

Anyone else having to ship chilled right now ? What boxes are you feeling safe with. The South 100, heat index more. Appreciate your views.

Re: Shipping boxes in heat.

I just used the regular Clone boxes and they were fine. I did put a second smaller freezer brick inside. As long as it will fit in the box a second or even third brick will help.
There is a Clone box that is the same dimensions except that it is a couple inches deeper than the standard box. I keep these for overseas shipments because 2 standard freezer bricks fit in it nicely.
These are also great for shipping in the heat.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Drop them off right before the deadline in the evening and it flies overnight anyway. Make sure the delivery is in the morning. The box is marked perishable or keep cool/don't freeze so all should be fine. Good luck!

Laura
I just used the regular Clone boxes and they were fine. I did put a second smaller freezer brick inside. As long as it will fit in the box a second or even third brick will help.
There is a Clone box that is the same dimensions except that it is a couple inches deeper than the standard box. I keep these for overseas shipments because 2 standard freezer bricks fit in it nicely.
These are also great for shipping in the heat.

That sounds like good advice Laura. I've heard from several stud dog owners that they prefer the Clone boxes sometimes just for the reason there is room for an extra freezer pack.

Even in the North-East, they're predicting a heat index of higher than 112°F this weekend. I'm fanning myself thinking of it. I'm also praying we don't lose power altho we're already on water and A/C restrictions. Good luck to those who are shipping or recieving SpermEx.

I just got a shipment in a MiniTube box from NJ that was 4 hours late and there was still lots of ice in the freezer packs.

Thank you for the replys. I feel better.

I usually use the Minitube boxes that hold 2 freezer packs, but took out my Camelot boxes this Summer for a couple of shipments. Luckily, the shipment that was delayed a day was in one of these boxes. More expensive to ship, though.

Lab Breeder
I usually use the Minitube boxes that hold 2 freezer packs, but took out my Camelot boxes this Summer for a couple of shipments. Luckily, the shipment that was delayed a day was in one of these boxes. More expensive to ship, though.

A hot summer makes it well worth spending a little more money on shipping. It benefits everyone.

Im from Arizona and have not had a problem with incoming shipments. It would be a good idea to put an extra ice pack but the small boxes do just fine. Even when its 118 around here, fed ex trucks are air conditioned and not a problem. The big box is overkill.

Some good imput here. Have a breeding coming up. Heat please break.