Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reasonably priced eggless food

I have a 6 month old pup in a wonderful pet home. He was on Iams adult (family's choice) until he started vomiting 1/2 hour after eating. Vet put him on a Hill's specialty diet which he is doing well on but it's very pricey. Vet suggested raw or making own food but both parents work full time and have 3 children (dad works out of home) and they feel they do not have time for making food. They are not open to raw feeding.

New family and I think it's the egg in the food as they have given an hard boiled egg once a week for coat at 4 months and he would always vomit 1/2 hour after getting it, so they stopped giving egg.

So does anyone know of a reasonably priced egg free food? I personally feed Diamonds C&R or Proplan but both have egg product. Any ideas, input appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Reasonably priced eggless food

Maybe there's a few more, but here's the ones I came up with:

Solid Gold
Wellness
California Natural
Healthwise
Canidae
Nature's Variety
Pure Vita (except their Grain-Free)
Blue Buffalo Basics

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any less expensive foods that are egg free- eggs are fairly inexpensive, which helps keep the cost of the food down. Probably the most affordable of the above list is eiher the Healthwise (Natura product) or Canidae. Although, the Blue Buffalo Basics will probably be the easiest to find as it's sold in both Petsmart and Petco stores. Good luck!

Pro Plan Sensitive skin and stomach doesn't have egg in it.
http://www.proplan.com/dry-dog-food/sensitive-skin-stomach-formula/default.aspx

Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diet (Potato & Duck, Sweet Potato & Venison, etc.); Natural Balance Lamb and Brown Rice kibble.