Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Litter registration discounts?

Is AKC currently offering any discounts/coupons for litter registrations?

Re: Litter registration discounts?

Yes, call them!

Contact the breeder relations department. I would give you the number but I can not get my saved emails to pull up tonight. Anyway, I fax all my litters in to them and it only costs 20 dollars for the whole litter. What a great deal!!! They also have my puppy papers sent out to me the next day.

I called the general AKC registration phone number and was told there are no discounts or promotions currently. If I try registering my litter online, it's $14 per puppy plus a $25 online litter fee. I must not be getting in contact with the right people. Anyone have the phone number? Thank you so much.

I emailed the breeder relations dept. 2 days ago and have not heard back.

I just called the AKC, there is no direct line or extention to the BR dept. You need to email breederrelations@akc.org and give them time to respond.

However, the person I spoke to said she is not sure if they are giving out coupons anymore. I was told by another breeder that they will if you request one.

I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

If anyone else has requested one lately can you let us know what the outcome was.

AmericanGirl - because of your post I asked about faxing and the woman said they only do that in special circumstances (don't know what that would be) and its best to do it online since they get so many faxes everday and a reg. could get lost in the shuffle.

Looking to save some $$
I called the general AKC registration phone number and was told there are no discounts or promotions currently. If I try registering my litter online, it's $14 per puppy plus a $25 online litter fee. I must not be getting in contact with the right people. Anyone have the phone number? Thank you so much.

I just went thru the process up to the point where it shows fees and it says $10/puppy plus the $25 on line fee.

What the heck???? that is for 5 pups. wondering how many in your litter and if they charge more for larger litters?????

So I went back in again and put in 2 pups and it says $4/pup plus $25

Than I put in 10 pups and its $20/pup plus $25.

8 is $16/pup and 7 is $14/pup

Obviously they multiply the number of pups by 2 to come up with the price.

Has it always been that way?

Ok, I got the number for you. This is top secert 1- 800-252-5545 the pin number is 74777

email
I emailed the breeder relations dept. 2 days ago and have not heard back.

I just called the AKC, there is no direct line or extention to the BR dept. You need to email breederrelations@akc.org and give them time to respond.

However, the person I spoke to said she is not sure if they are giving out coupons anymore. I was told by another breeder that they will if you request one.

I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

If anyone else has requested one lately can you let us know what the outcome was.

AmericanGirl - because of your post I asked about faxing and the woman said they only do that in special circumstances (don't know what that would be) and its best to do it online since they get so many faxes everday and a reg. could get lost in the shuffle.

I know on Michelle Baker's voice mail she said she no longer works for that department so if you emailed her that could be why. Try the number I post above it should work. I just registered two litter of puppies last week that way. Good Luck.

Litter Reg Prices
Looking to save some $$

I just went thru the process up to the point where it shows fees and it says $10/puppy plus the $25 on line fee.

What the heck???? that is for 5 pups. wondering how many in your litter and if they charge more for larger litters?????

So I went back in again and put in 2 pups and it says $4/pup plus $25

Than I put in 10 pups and its $20/pup plus $25.

8 is $16/pup and 7 is $14/pup

Obviously they multiply the number of pups by 2 to come up with the price.

Has it always been that way?

I'm not a mathematician, you're correct but it makes no sense for AKC to multiply the litter size times 2 per pup. The more pups in a litter the more AKC is charging per pup? A litter of 10 is $20 per pup = $200 plus $25 = $225? Holy puppy poops! That's mad crazy. OP, you have 7 pups then, it's going to be an expensive AKC registration and I don't blame you for looking for any discount you can get.

They're trying to hurt the breeder with a good size litter.

If you read the fee schedule on the website, the pricing shows :

Litter Registration $25.00+ $2.00/puppy

so 5 puppies is $10 PLUS $25 and 7 puppies is $14 plus the $25. that is not 5 puppies $10/ pup...it is totalling $10 and so on.

http://pub12.bravenet.com/forum/static/post.php?usernum=976632990&frmid=4&msgid=848148&cp=1&reply=848148&mode=add

I just registered a litter for $20. I emailed the AKC at dogbreeders@akc.org and told them I wanted to register a litter and gave them my name and address. Within a few days I received a sheet of litter registration coupons good until Oct 2010. They are not transferable like the old, $10. off coupons used to be. If you register online, as I do, you use the coupon code. Thank you AKC for this nice perk!!

I just got an email response. They are mailing me coupons.

I went in to register too and it is confusing the way it appears price wise. I did not look at the fee schedule as mentioned.

thanks I am shocked - not for clearing that up.