Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Martha's Vineyard

Has there ever been a specialty at Martha's Vineyard?

Re: Martha's Vineyard

The only dog show here is at the local Agricultural Fair!

Thanks! Such a pretty area!!! Would be nice to have one there!

Yes Donna-- start the Vineyard LRC and invite us all!

Funny. My husband just mentioned that our President is vacationing there. Has anyone kept up with this man's vacations? Or his wife's? I would love to attend a Specialty there as well. May be the only way I get to see it!

Bdr
Funny. My husband just mentioned that our President is vacationing there. Has anyone kept up with this man's vacations? Or his wife's? I would love to attend a Specialty there as well. May be the only way I get to see it!

Don't get me started on those elitist snobs that are ruining this country. Martha's Vineyard is gorgeous, but I think it would be difficult to find affordable hotels for us starving dog show types!Unless they had the specialty in the winter.

Martha's Vineyard

I looked up costs on the city's website and it looked pretty reasonable. ?????

We have vacationed on MV since 1988 and we are far from wealthy. We go in late September/early October and the weather is fabulous, water still warm, crowds less, and rents lower. The MV Fishing Derby runs from 9/15-10/15 so my husband fishes while I sit on the beach. We have always found a place that would let us bring a dog or two and have had amazing amazing vacations there for much much less than many spend to go visit Micky! Give it a try, it is magical.

I haven't been to the Vineyard since my grandparents moved off island but it is a lovely, quaint and charming place. Well off the pace of the mainland. Although there are many fantastic spots for a Specialty, getting there (flying or ferrying) may present problems. I think the Boston Specialty is as close to the Vineyard setting and atmosphere as one might get and offers many loverly vistas of the coastline not too far away.
marion