Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Veteran class--have to be a CH to show?

I have an altered female, and I come from the agility world. Is there anyway she can be shown in a Veteran's class? She is not a CH, though had some placings at shows.

No, being a CH isn't a requirement....

8 years and up to compete at a National Specialty; 7 years and up to compete at a regional specialty.

Spayed bitches are allowed to compete in specialties.

Veterans is a really fun class. Enter your girl and enjoy!

Re: Veteran class--have to be a CH to show?

yes you can show in veterans class at some shows, usually specialties. I haven't looked at the AKC rule in a while but there is a rule about when you can show a spay/neutered dog in veterans and when you can't. usually at an all bred show you can't.

I have seen a spayed bitch win BOB at a specialty out of the veterans class.

If you go to the AKC website and look at the rules governing dog shows you can find out when a neutered dog can show in veterans.

Re: Veteran class--have to be a CH to show?

exhibitor
yes you can show in veterans class at some shows, usually specialties. I haven't looked at the AKC rule in a while but there is a rule about when you can show a spay/neutered dog in veterans and when you can't. usually at an all bred show you can't.

I have seen a spayed bitch win BOB at a specialty out of the veterans class.

If you go to the AKC website and look at the rules governing dog shows you can find out when a neutered dog can show in veterans.

You cannot show an altered dog in any show that veterans are eligible for BOB, and there is group competition.