Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fish based grain free choices

Looking at Taste of the Wild, Before Grain and CORE by Wellness. Anybody have any feedback on any of these foods?

Re: fish based grain free choices

TOTW roasted fowl didn't agree with my guy- he ended up with stools like water. I ended up switching him back to the Natural Balance LID foods. Sorry that's all I can tell you.

I've have all my boys and my 'show up' stray girl on TOW Pacific Stream for 6+ months. I like the results: coats, digestibility, fecals, etc. Tried Cal Nat Herring and Sweet Potato then swithed to TOW Pac. stream b/c I like the Protein/fat ratio of the TOW. With tax, I pay <$44 for a 30# bag at my local feed store. TOW also makes the Nature's Domain available from Costco but the Protein/fat ratios are different. Why are you thinking of changing kibbles?

love the taste of the wild pacific stream, and we get coat compliments in obedience, go figure
brought the young boy into the ring and before we got to this is your heel on lead do you have any questions, the judge said what a great coat , what do you feed

SueM
TOTW roasted fowl didn't agree with my guy- he ended up with stools like water. I ended up switching him back to the Natural Balance LID foods. Sorry that's all I can tell you.

I am using TOTW Wetlands formula and my boy loves it! Fish seemed to not agree with him. The store I went to suggested FROMM but it did not have the protein/fat ration I was looking for. You might find this link helpful, as I asked the same thing a month ago with 25 replies:

http://pub12.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=976632990&frmid=4&msgid=848951&cmd=show

We use Acana Pacifica and the dogs love it & look great with small poops too!

Canidae also has a Fish based grain free.

Love TOW Pacific Stream- great coats and less residue. Can't say enough about this food!

Solid Gold Barking at the Moon is grain-free and fish based as well, but it does have a touch of beef. I have my 20 month old on it and her coat is absolutely beautiful- and I love the muscle tone she is gaining as well! However, I also supplement with Salmon Oil too...

fish based grain free choices

What do you think about Orijen 6-fish?

Love it but for some reason, my dogs do better on Acana's Pacifica. Made by the same company as Orijen which I've used for years so I'm a happy camper!

Gas anyone tried this kibble ( Triumph )from Costco ? I saw it online for $44 for 40 pounds which includes shipping. I already use the Coscto Lamb and Rice Signiture but this Triumph looks interesting. We don't have the Salmon Costco kibble here in the Northwest . I"ve been checking the costcos on the South end and they don't carry it. I don't see it online either.
Triumph
Natural Dry Dog Food
Lamb Meal & Rice
40 LBS
Item # 533912
RatedOverall Rating: 5 out of 5 Rating Snapshot (1 review)