Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kansas: Missing Lab!!! Can anyone help?

I just got a call from a puppy owner (she's a vet too) with a year old yellow female who is missing from the backyard. They have a six foot high privacy fence and she's well trained so they aren't sure what happened. If anyone is around there that could keep an eye out for her, they are in Lawrence, Kansas. She's microchiped and they have called the company already to notify them. If anyone has any info or need to get ahold of me for their contact info feel free to email me or call me at (920)324-8858. Thanks! I hope she's found soon, or Christmas won't be the same.

Re: Kansas: Missing Lab!!! Can anyone help?

I'm sure they're doing all this... besides talking to neighbors and searching neighborhood, hanging Lost posters with photo of the dog... leave word at all vet clinics within a reasonable distance and ER if there's one that covers the area, place ad in local paper's Lost & Found, if small town, usually local radio station will run an announcement... give a heads up to area shelters or SPCA to be on look out, call dog warden in case he gets any calls on a found dog (sometimes the dog wardens can't pick them up until the next day)... oh and a call to the police station.

I just did all the above for 2 stray dogs I found. Can you believe owners never contacted me. They did claim them 4 days later when dog warden finally picked them up and took them to SPCA. Beats me where they were for 4 days that they didn't see/hear any of my efforts to find the owner. Owner lived only 4 miles up the valley. I'm getting too much experience with stray dogs ... these 2 made 9 this year!

Re: Kansas: Missing Lab!!! Can anyone help?

thank you val. very good info to do asap.
as much info spread in the instant neighbourhood as possible and quick as possible. kids are good at searching too and getting contact with the dogs, some magic?

RADIO/TV WOULD BE PERFECT AND AN ADD ASAP IN WIDESPREAD NEWSPAPER WITH FOTO IS FAST WAY TO FIND IN OUR EXPERIENCE.

SHELTERS CHECKED DAILY CLOSE AND IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD.
fingers/paws crossed here in finland and hoping for quick happy results.
ritva

Re: Kansas: Missing Lab!!! FOUND!!!

Thanks everyone, got a text message this morning that she was found!

Excellent! That's the ultimate Christmas gift!

Great news! Thanks for the update!