Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Putting weight on 10 week old.

I have a 10 week old I would like to put some weight on. Would it be smarter to start her on PPP Performance, or Orijen LBP? I like the ingredients in Orijen better, and an older girl of mine did well on it, I just stopped feeding her it because of price. I've never used ProPlan.

Those are the two foods I have easiest access t, though. Right now she eats Kirkland Puppy.

Re: Putting weight on 10 week old.

PP Performance works for me but I feed PP Puppy until they're 9 months old.

Thanks for the reply! Do you switch to Performance around 9 months, then?

How much is everyone feeding their puppies in the 8week-12week age range, as well? She is at about 3 cups a day, between 3 feedings, of the Kirkland.

Your breeder would be an good person to ask, what do they say?

foodie
How much is everyone feeding their puppies in the 8week-12week age range, as well? She is at about 3 cups a day, between 3 feedings, of the Kirkland.

My 12-week-old puppies are fed 4 times a day with a total intake of 2.25 cups of California Natural Puppy Chicken and Rice. They are female, gaining weight, and currently weigh about 20 lbs. I will gradually increase this to about 2.75 cups a day by the time they are 4 months old.

foodie
Thanks for the reply! Do you switch to Performance around 9 months, then?

I switch to PP Performance or Adult at nine months depending on if the puppy seems to need it regarding activity level, stress level,whether they're an inside dog or an outside dog and if they happen to be "an easy keeper". All these things should be considered. If they seem to keep weight on easily, I'll feed PP Adult, however, find that most of the time they're fed Performance 'til they're several years older and hormones have slowed down a bit.