Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update on the Texas Rescues

Hello Again My Fellow Labrador Lovers!!!

Sorry for the delay in my update for everyone. With the holidays, work, and a young child I find myself "looking" for extra minutes!

The black female "Amy" was adopted and taken home last weekend....YEAH! The veterinary bill was completely paid and the adoptee, MJ, paid an adoption fee of $150. We are planning on sending that back up to Michigan to Carol Johnson/Huron River LRC as they paid for the spays/neuters and fees to get the dogs out of the shelter.

Keri Schooler is graciously housing and caring for these boys are her kennel, Copperstill Kennel there in the Austin Area Here is a brief update from Keri on the boys:

"I have Grant, 1-ish yellow male, and Max, 8 month old black male, here at my place. Max may have a home, I'll know for sure next week. They are both sweet, handsome, adaptable and eating well.
There has already been a donation to my vet clinic to help defray expenses. Thank you! I believe that all Galveston/Houston vet expenses have been covered.
Grant is on meloxicam for joints. Max is a bit gimpy on one elbow, but it doesn't slow him down at all. I have a CD with x-rays for both boys. This will go to my vet when I take the boys in for a consult. I'll know more then."

I talked to Keri yesterday and it appears they have a mild case of Kennel Cough, but they are on meds to help then heal faster.We have been able to get prescriptions for the boys at cost right now so that is helpful!

Keri is going to be taking them to her vet for treatment at :

Roundrock Animal Hospital
Dr Dennis Sundbeck
404 Chisholm Valley Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681
http://www.rrah.com/index.html
Phone, 512-255-6232
Thank you SO very much to EVERYONE that has helped us in our efforts. I cannot tell you thank you enough. Thank you to those who have volunteered, assisted, dontated, called, emailed, everything. Your generosity is so appreciated.

I certainly wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I will try to keep everyone updated with all of the info on the two boys!

Labbily
Erin

Re: Update on the Texas Rescues

Thank you Erin, Keri, Carol and all who have given so much to help with these dogs.

This is one of the things that makes me very proud to be a member of our Labrador community. Thank you, Erin, for taking the lead on this and bringing happy endings for the dogs and for the stable of caring helpers that are still involved: Keri and Candice and whoever else I don't even know about. Grant and Max are in wonderful hands. And I'm really happy that Amy, who I "own" a little piece of along with many others, found her forever home and will spend Christmas with a loving family. Merry Christmas - you guys just rock!!!!

Greg Lynch - Kellyn Labradors
This is one of the things that makes me very proud to be a member of our Labrador community. Thank you, Erin, for taking the lead on this and bringing happy endings for the dogs and for the stable of caring helpers that are still involved: Keri and Candice and whoever else I don't even know about. Grant and Max are in wonderful hands. And I'm really happy that Amy, who I "own" a little piece of along with many others, found her forever home and will spend Christmas with a loving family. Merry Christmas - you guys just rock!!!!

Made my day to know Amy will be part of a Christmas celebration in her new loving home!!
A big thank you also to Huron River LRC for their part!