Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Relay calls---again

I have had 4 relay calls in the past week. They are coming out of Texas.
The first 3 calls I just said I don't do relay calls. After being very annoyed by the forth call, I decided to play along. I told the relay lady I couldn't hear, so the caller said to send a email to them. I said no, you send me a email. I procedded to start giving my email addy and they hung up. Maybe I'm rid of them.

Re: Relay calls---again

I heard that this has been going around .One of my friends sent me an email from these people .And of course they are puppy borkers, and I knew that . But they try to trick people into selling a puppy by way or relay calls for the hearing impaired .
I know its not because they say they want a puppy for the grandsons birthday or holiday gift.and its the same o same of stuff I have seen so many times from these over seas people buying pups to resell.I just ignore or say I only have the rare 5 legged purple dogs that meow for sale.something silly.

What is a "relay" call? Never heard of this but would like to be prepared. TIA

These people dont want to talk to you them selfs because they are foreign .So they go thru this relay process thru the phone company these people claim they are deaf or blind .So they type this on a key pad device to the operator.She then tells the dog breeder what they say .And as an unsuspecting dog owner you have no idea who they are ,where they are .
This way they can disguise as a usa citizen instaed of being some broker that is selling puppies over seas with out your knowledge.
A scam type thing.
You just have to insist they email you them selfs personally.And if they come back and say they cant do that because they dont own a pc.Then tell them to go to the library and use it.
Because they got your name some how.and your phone number. I can about guarantee it was from our own website .So it normally isnt a honest person . Not that we havent had a blind or deaf person contact us ever.
I did once and she was a lovely lady and she was deaf .And she got a dog from me .
But we made contact first and established where she lived ect. So jusdt beware this group of people are out there. The last one we heard about this fall/winter was in southern Indiana .

sue
These people dont want to talk to you them selfs because they are foreign .So they go thru this relay process thru the phone company these people claim they are deaf or blind .So they type this on a key pad device to the operator.She then tells the dog breeder what they say .And as an unsuspecting dog owner you have no idea who they are ,where they are .
This way they can disguise as a usa citizen instaed of being some broker that is selling puppies over seas with out your knowledge.
A scam type thing.
You just have to insist they email you them selfs personally.And if they come back and say they cant do that because they dont own a pc.Then tell them to go to the library and use it.
Because they got your name some how.and your phone number. I can about guarantee it was from our own website .So it normally isnt a honest person . Not that we havent had a blind or deaf person contact us ever.
I did once and she was a lovely lady and she was deaf .And she got a dog from me .
But we made contact first and established where she lived ect. So jusdt beware this group of people are out there. The last one we heard about this fall/winter was in southern Indiana .

I wouldn't sell to anyone who either can't come to my house or doesn't carry with them a familiar referral that allows me to check them out carefully. That solves that problem.