Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Windfall's Black Piper at the bridge

Windfall Black Piper passed away over the holiday.
She was 17 years old and one of he most beautiful bitches I have had known.
Ron Cogo will miss her dearly since she was a link to his wife.
Ron still has her son Pipe Major who is doing well and still producing wonderful pups.
sheila

Re: Windfall's Black Piper at the bridge

God speed sweet girl!! You certainly left a wonderful legacy behind. My condolences to Ron...

Ohh, what a beautiful girl she was. I have a granddaughter of hers here with me. Had to go open my book of pedigree's and pictures I've collected over the years to look at her one more time. I'm sure she will be greatly missed and remembered...

17yrs.. that is so awesome~ I'm very sorry she had to go. Annie, no doubt welcomed her w/ open arms!

Godspeed beautiful girl~

So sorry to hear about Piper. What a wonderful girl. 17 years - what a tremendous feat. Happy trails to Piper.

I'm so sorry to hear that - please pass on my condolences to Ron. She was definitely one in a million and I count myself very lucky to have her in my pedigree.

What a wonderful happy reunion that must have been...

And Piper too has gone to the Bridge.....how sad.
My sincere condolences to all who loved her.

she was a once in a lifetime bitch, what a long life she had. LeeAnne

Wow...great longevity runs in this line! I have a Ch. Windfall Highlander ( Piper's full brother and littermate ) daughter who will be 16 on Jan.2 2011. She still becomes airborne when it's time to eat.
RIP Piper sweet girl....one of two of the most beautiful bitches ever....the other being Ch.Muskelunge Holiday@Rozzay.

So very well put Sherry.....We never really think about us meeting our wonderful dogs at the bridge, but I also know that Annie will be so glad to see her.

How sad..she must have been a wonderful girl. Two outstanding studs here in Brazil are her grandsons and produce just incredibly beautiful pups. I have a great-granddaughter of Piper, wonderful temperament and appearance. She surely contributed a lot to the breed. Rest in peace Piper...

Run free at the bridge sweet girl, her reunion with Annie must have been fantastic!

Johanne

Farewell Piper - you stunning girl. 17 years is a long life - I had a bitch live with me for 17 years; she was like a sister. Piper's unfathomable legacy not withstanding - she will be so sorely missed.

I feel very fortunate to have Piper in my pedigree through Conner(CH Windfall's Highlander) too. A stunning bitch she was and what an incredible long life. Godspeed to you Piper and my condolences to Ron.

Such a lovely black bitch, she took my breathe away everytime I saw her, to have that and be a grand producer too, wow , every breeders dream ! So sorry for the loss of your beautiful companion.

Many years ago Piper was the most specialty winning bitch of all time- truly a great one and I remember her win when she took that title- Annie jumped for joy and we were all so happy for her. What a beautiful girl - She would be tearing it up today just as she did then- beauty in a great dog is timeless. Godspeed Piper.

I am soo sorry for your loss Sheila and Ron. No doubt Annie was waiting with open arms for Piper when she arrived at the Bridge. Together again. The circle of love is unending. Godspeed grand old gal!!

I had a chance to personally meet her, Mr.Ron, and Mrs. Annie Cogo in the summer of 2006. I recall when Mrs. Annie told me that I was looking at legacy when I was looking at her; I even took pictures of her. She truly is an asset to the breed. I am so humbled to tell everyone that Benedict is producing very well; another great grandson of piper, also would like to mention that the dam side of Benedict are top producing dam's and stud's; puffin is the full sister of Benedict's dam.

Happy New year everyone, may the Lord keep us, and guide us all.

Phil

Piper was a one in a million bitch that took your breath away! The reunion at the bridge will be joyous, two friends reunited at long last!

RIP Piper!

She was definitely an outstanding girl. And 17 years - wow!

Best Wishes baby girl..

Piper was one of my favorites. So sorry to hear she is gone. She is definitely a legendary bitch.

So sorry to hear of Piper's passing.She will live on here with her daughter Winsfall's Pipe Dreams, her grandaughter Can/Am Ch Windfall's Dream'n At Wildbrook and her great grandson Wildbrook's Dreams Of The Hart.I am sure Annie will be glad to see her. Nancy

So very sorry to hear about her passing, My condolences to Ron. I feel blessed to have her granddaughter, 8 month old Bliss (Rosewater Blissful Memories) daughter of CH Windfalls New England Patriot and CH Rosewater Bad Girl. Both of Bliss' grandmas are now at the Bridge, may they meet and play and be happy. I thank God for guiding me to Cooper to bring these wonderful lines to my home. Godspeed beautiful girl! What a life you had and what a legacy you leave! We love you!

Seventeen years old... what a wonderfully long life Piper had. Rest in peace, pretty girl.

Barb

Wow, 17. That's a credit to her pedigree and to Annie, I think. I still miss seeing her at shows and getting her funny emails.

Rest well old girl. If there are dog shows in heaven, I'm sure you and Annie will now be cleaning everyone's clock!

Best,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

I was one of those lucky few who owned a boy that sired a litter by Piper ...I still have a grandaughter (who is by my side snoring at age 11) and a great granddaughter. She was truly a one of a kind labrador.