Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Westminster

Does anyone know the day, time and ring number the Labs will be in. Thanks

Re: Westminster

It's on Infodog, Labs are Tuesday, ring 3 first in at 12:45, 38 entered.

Good Luck to anyone going

posted
It's on Infodog, Labs are Tuesday, ring 3 first in at 12:45, 38 entered.

Good Luck to anyone going

I can't wait. It should be quite an interesting Westminster in the Labrador and Sporting Groups.

What's that suppose to mean?

Why does it have to "mean" anything????

?

I have only good & positive thoughts about the Breed and Group placements which I won't disclose. We've had a couple of nice years with Group placement. Hell, maybe we'll finally have a Best in Show Labrador! Nothing is out yet with the names of all of the dogs so I don't want to divulge something I shouldn't. I have my hopes for a friends' dog who is attending.

Your paranoia is showing *?*. What in Gods name would I possibly mean negatively if that's what your question means? Some of you people!! What's wrong with you?

Cheers and good luck to all of the dogs entered. Let us hope for a Labby Best In Show year finally on top of other *good things* at the 2011 Westminster.

btw-I never act like the spelling or grammar correctors but *supposed* would have been the correct spelling or grammar, not *suppose*. *To suppose* means something entirely different. You can look it up on Websters if you want to stop making that error I see all the time and *NEVER* correct.

Brreeddeerr
?
...Let us hope for a Labby Best In Show year finally on top of other *good things* at the 2011 Westminster. ...

I'm not so sure a Lab going Best In Show is a good thing.

I definitely want to ad my well wishes to everyone going!

And may I nicely ask why a Labrador going BIS would not be a good thing??? I have a favorite labbie coming, so wish him/her the best!!!!!!!

The reason that it may not be a "good" thing for the breed is that every year the breed that wins BIS is bred to death by BYB and puppy mills which leads to the rescues and pounds being over run 9-18 months later when people start dumping the adolescent dogs that they really didn't want or need in the first place. Kind of like when ever there is a Disney or other movie portraying a particular breed.

Ok. That is a reaon for sure, but would love to see a labbie win on their merit and being such great ambassadors. They are after all the most popular breed. Why not let them take top honors? But I do see the aftermath can be devastating. . Thanks for the input.

Brreeddeerr
?

btw-I never act like the spelling or grammar correctors but *supposed* would have been the correct spelling or grammar, not *suppose*. *To suppose* means something entirely different. You can look it up on Websters if you want to stop making that error I see all the time and *NEVER* correct.

Oh thank you thank you thank you. I have been going a bit bonkers as of late with the incessant lack of "ed" in our written world. It is such a little thing, but it is like fingernails on a blackboard. SupposED is a classic.

You might as well throw "saw" in there too.

The correct use is "I saw him last week" not "I SEEN him last week". Again, not a life changing thing, but it speaks to the condition of what is becoming of our great language.

ED
Brreeddeerr
?

Oh thank you thank you thank you. I have been going a bit bonkers as of late with the incessant lack of "ed" in our written world. It is such a little thing, but it is like fingernails on a blackboard. SupposED is a classic.

You might as well throw "saw" in there too.

The correct use is "I saw him last week" not "I SEEN him last week". Again, not a life changing thing, but it speaks to the condition of what is becoming of our great language.

The current condition of our language stems from many reasons. However, if one wishes to be able to communicate properly, convey an idea and be taken seriously, one must have a command of writing properly in addition to speaking properly. Spelling, grammar, and syntax have suffered from lack of basic reading, vocabulary, and comprehensive skills. For so many people who lack these basic skills of communication, they lash out with aggressive disdain of those who display proper skills.

For instance, here is a quote from another thread byMean Girls "Excuse me for being stupid too because I don't rit gud. Perhaps if eyes says sumtim likes I no of whoos ya'lls talkin bout, and noings hez pedagreez I cud sees wares it cud cum frums. agin so sowwy eyes so stoopid eyes ain't eezy two undastanz.An pleez donut yous suce big wurds. eye no undastanz dem."

See what I mean?

Very nice ed. I agree with you 100%.

Hijacked thread

ED2

The current condition of our language stems from many reasons. However, if one wishes to be able to communicate properly, convey an idea and be taken seriously, one must have a command of writing properly in addition to speaking properly. Spelling, grammar, and syntax have suffered from lack of basic reading, vocabulary, and comprehensive skills. For so many people who lack these basic skills of communication, they lash out with aggressive disdain of those who display proper skills.

For instance, here is a quote from another thread byMean Girls "Excuse me for being stupid too because I don't rit gud. Perhaps if eyes says sumtim likes I no of whoos ya'lls talkin bout, and noings hez pedagreez I cud sees wares it cud cum frums. agin so sowwy eyes so stoopid eyes ain't eezy two undastanz.An pleez donut yous suce big wurds. eye no undastanz dem."

See what I mean?

HAHAHAHA! That's hilarious. At least some one around here has a sense of humour! Lighten up people, nobody's perfect-or should that be no one is perfect. Good one mean girls! Where is this thread? Oh wait it was deleted and yet you saved the quote? A little obsessive don't you think?

Don't kid yourself. The Internet has a permanent memory. Act accordingly. Once something is posted to the interent, it is there forever *if* you know where to look. Even my 12 year old can find anything and everything.

hooked on phonics
ED2

See what I mean?

HAHAHAHA! That's hilarious. At least some one around here has a sense of humour! Lighten up people, nobody's perfect-or should that be no one is perfect. Good one mean girls! Where is this thread? Oh wait it was deleted and yet you saved the quote? A little obsessive don't you think?

The spelling and usage of words isn't hijacking. *Mean Girls* posted those *non words*. Breeders cut and pasted every day.

Hooked, do you really think that many breeders haven't made copies of all types for their own files? I spoke to 6 breeder friends this week & 4 had full copies of your disgusting dialogue and other events in the past weeks. There are folders and copies all over the States, Canada and the *World* dear *D*. This is nothing new. Now everyone knows the culprits altho don't think they didn't before. Bad reputations don't disappear when the offender doesn't change their ways despite objecting they did.

Go back to your vehicle with colored lites or get the sleep you obviously need. You need to relax before you fly to P and this time, try not get banned by another Airline.

XoXo

Raina
The reason that it may not be a "good" thing for the breed is that every year the breed that wins BIS is bred to death by BYB and puppy mills which leads to the rescues and pounds being over run 9-18 months later when people start dumping the adolescent dogs that they really didn't want or need in the first place. Kind of like when ever there is a Disney or other movie portraying a particular breed.

Scottish terrier, Sussex Spaniel, Newfoundland, Kerry Blue, Bichon Frise, Papillons....these are a few of the winners over the last decade.

The biggest reason these breeds experienced increased popularity afterward was because they were less known breeds to the average non dog person to begin with.

Labs have been the #1 breed for so many years in a row. I don't think supply or demand would increase from a show win like that. Especially since very few of the byb and puppy mill Labs look like the ones at Westminster.

I'd love it if a Lab won.

XoXo

Hooked, do you really think that many breeders haven't made copies of all types for their own files? I spoke to 6 breeder friends this week & 4 had full copies of your disgusting dialogue and other events in the past weeks. There are folders and copies all over the States, Canada and the *World* dear *D*. This is nothing new. Now everyone knows the culprits altho don't think they didn't before. Bad reputations don't disappear when the offender doesn't change their ways despite objecting they did.

Go back to your vehicle with colored lites or get the sleep you obviously need. You need to relax before you fly to P and this time, try not get banned by another Airline.

XoXo

I can *C* what you mean. Keep fishing though, maybe you will catch Whopper. I will not take your bait. It stinks.

Raina

Raina don't you know they already exist, PM's BYB's and rescue dogs in many parts of the U.S. There are many more rescue labs in the South and Central U.S. I don't know the Canadian situation but I've worked in rescue for years.

Do you really think a BIS at Westminster will make it that much worse? It's that bad already. So sad & some of them read this list daily.

A Labrador BIS is a long time coming. If the right Lab takes the breed and is then show in the Sporting Group with a good judge, -we've- got a shot. I would love to see a Labrador BIS this year and don't agree with you given the amount of PM's and BYB's already exisiting. The economy can't take anymore and some of the PM's are starting to go belly up. Hopefully the existing ones will close up so the only lab pups offered are from ethical breeders.

Oh, no, the spelling police are back. And "backed". Messed up the thread. Again.