Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hampton Inn?

Just curious for opinions on the Hampton Inn - we have reservations at HIE but wondered how the Hampton compared to HIE.

Re: Hampton Inn?

Best place of all is the Mainstay Suites. I dont even bother trying to get a room at the host. Mainstay is so much better.

How far away is the Mainstay Suites? and what are their rates? Just curious. I have already booked a room at the Hampton.

Valerie

I looked at making a reservation for the Mainstay Suites but they appear to only have one bed suites, bringing a friend with me but not really into sharing a bed :-)

There are a ton of Hotels in the immediate area. I booked a room today @ HIE and still have hopes of getting into the host hotel =) My traveling companion booked another hotel in case we don't get the host so either way we are covered. Can't wait for Potomac 2011!!

We stayed at the Mainstay last year - it was a bit rough around the edges - worn carpet, towel bar coming off wall, stained toilet, having to track down mgt to get towels at 8pm as they weren't replaced, torn screens - yes advantages are the full kitchen and much roomier rooms and it is quiet - but looking at the comments on travelosity since last spring - not good - so I canceled for this year. Mgt last year said the hotel was going to get renovations - doesn't sound like they have.

Booked into the Hampton this morning, the rate that I got was $129 per night, no more expensive than the host hotel that I could never get into anyways. I could have gotten it a bit cheaper if I didn't want to have a cancellation option. Its still 3 months away and who knows what could happen between now and then. Have stayed in a few Hampton Hotels and they are always clean, the beds comfy and never disappointed. See you all in April!!