Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Proplan Performance vs Eukanuba Performance?

Trying to decide between the two. Any preferences out there and why? Thanks!

Re: Proplan Performance vs Eukanuba Performance?

Eukanuba Performance is my choice. IMO I see the labs have better coats.

Eukanuba is way better.

I'm a Euk fan. My dogs eat the 30/20, even the oldsters. For me, I had to feed more of the proplan to maintain and they didn't utilize it all and out the other end resulting in much more stool volumn. On Euk I have what I call lincoln logs and not many. They utilize this food well. I also find my labs do better w/ a high fat content as to their skin/coats.

Would you feed this to a 1 year old?

Sherry L. Anderson
I'm a Euk fan. My dogs eat the 30/20, even the oldsters. For me, I had to feed more of the proplan to maintain and they didn't utilize it all and out the other end resulting in much more stool volumn. On Euk I have what I call lincoln logs and not many. They utilize this food well. I also find my labs do better w/ a high fat content as to their skin/coats.

Haven't fed Euk Performance. I have always been happy on the PPP to never want to change. It too has 30/20 so I am not sure how some folks can talk about the fat content in Euk as it is the same. I do like it, that's for sure. Nice coats, stools, keeps weight on the active dogs.

I went with PPP for my last litter. I got super results. Wish I had done this many litters ago.

I've fed both, fed Eukanuba Performance for years, then switched to Proplan, in my case coats were better on Proplan.

Purina Pro Plan Performance for everyone here, from weaning to old age.

What about Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete? Has anyone used this and how does it compare to the Euk and PP?

We love the Extreme Athlete and used to feed PP & Euk Perf. Couldn't keep weight on our dogs with the EUk. at all.. had to feed twice as much just to maintain. Love PP, but the cost has risen so much it's just not practical. Love that Ext. Athlete has no corn and it really does seem to assist with glorious coats. We do not feed it to anyone under 1 yr. Hope this helps!!

Pro plan here

I feed euk large breed puppy and depending on the individual puppy determines for me whether they stay on large breed longer than 1yr or not. If not, yes, they go right onto the euk prem. preformance like everyone else. I also feed bil-jac frozen and have for years.

Breeder 202
Would you feed this to a 1 year old?

Sherry L. Anderson